News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

QUICK REPLY Issue

Started by FrizzleFried, April 10, 2022, 09:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrizzleFried

I am having a QUICK REPLY issue here.  Only here... no other SMF site.  When I use QUICK REPLY... it works fine if I type and go.  If I have to click PREVIEW for whatever reason (maybe to add an attachment,  or maybe just to PREVIEW the post (like this last time) and it takes... FOREVER to preview... sometimes a full minute.  This last time... text only with an IMG tag... it took over a minute then ended up giving me a GATEWAY error. 

I've learned that if I click REPLY it's SUPER QUICK without so much as a second of lag... so I'm not sure what is going on... but for me,  the behavior is repeatable  maybe not so repeatable... but happens A LOT.  Simply go use the quick reply ... then click PREVIEW. 

FrizzleFried

Just to prove the point... this reply... I am using QUICK REPLY...lets see how long it takes to PREVIEW... just this text...

TEST #1: Very quick.  No problem

TEST #2: Trying with that img link again...

RESULT:  Quick again.  Not sure what is going on,  but it happens to me often.

Damnit... the problems always go away when the doctor is near... ;)

Arantor

This has been reported before. No-one's entirely sure what's causing it - but it is real.

GL700Wing

Quote from: Arantor on April 10, 2022, 09:23:08 AMThis has been reported before. No-one's entirely sure what's causing it - but it is real.
I don't use preview on this site anymore - just type, post and modify if necessary ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Sir Osis of Liver

It's an intermittent problem, seemed to have been fixed a while ago, but it still comes back.  This post previewed in 0.158 sec.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Irisado

The off topic discussion has been moved to a more suitable location: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=581824.0
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: