News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Topic can no longer be viewed

Started by Web Help Forums, June 03, 2022, 12:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Web Help Forums

This topic on my forum suddenly became unviewable
https://webhelpforums.net/sitemap-generator/robot-txt-pretty-much-empty-after-'creation'/

It is linked at top from board
https://webhelpforums.net/sitemap-generator/

I will start digging through the post in the raw database, but first... Is there any admin tool or amin mod I can use here? i.e. to search topics and e.g. try rename it or dig into content from within SMF?

It is the only topic... I am going to assume a spammer posted something in the topic since the topic stopped being viewable after that. (I.e. topic had worked. But after I could see someone posted in it. It is no longer viewable.) --- but just a guess at this point.

Oldiesmann

Sounds more like an issue with Pretty URLs rather than SMF itself.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Web Help Forums on June 03, 2022, 12:05:20 AMThis topic on my forum suddenly became unviewable

When you say unviewable, what do you mean precisely by that? Are there any errors logged in the error log? Do you have the Pretty URLs mod mentioned above, installed?

Arantor

You could click the link in the OP to find out...in this case clicking the link takes you not to the topic but the board it's in, because Pretty URLs puts in both board and topic in the URL but because of the quotes it doesn't find the topic.

The issue is the apostrophe in the name - I think the Pretty URLs mod no longer generates pretty URLs with apostrophes in the name because they don't work properly, try upgrading that mod.

Web Help Forums

Thank you for your help everyone. I will try and report back

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Web Help Forums on June 06, 2022, 05:32:42 AMThank you for your help everyone. I will try and report back

What is the status of this @Web Help Forums? Is the issue solved?

Advertisement: