GDPR requirements, translation errors and others

Started by OttokarDomma, April 15, 2022, 08:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttokarDomma

This is not a question of personal opinion or disposition what to believe.
This is the responsibility of understanding a law right an do what needed.
I said what needed to be said, so it's no longer my problem, now it's only your responsibility.

You compensate me, if i pay fine for GDPR violations? Not?
Than I prefer to rely on my own expert knowledge to prevent me from harm.

(I was hoping i would meet here responsible adults. But, oh man, it's like a sandpit with bickering children "I'm right! Oh no, i'm right!" and a strict warden which prevents any deviation from the dogma.
I'm at the wrong place here. Obviously.)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: OttokarDomma on April 17, 2022, 05:38:10 AMThis is not a question of personal opinion or disposition what to believe.
No, no it is not.
Quote from: OttokarDomma on April 17, 2022, 05:38:10 AMI said what needed to be said, so it's no longer my problem, now it's only your responsibility.

You compensate me, if i pay fine for GDPR violations? Not?
No, we do provide you with all the tools for you to be able to be fully GDPR compliant - but to actually be fully GDPR compliant is YOUR responsibility.

Quote from: OttokarDomma on April 17, 2022, 05:38:10 AMThan I prefer to rely on my own expert knowledge to prevent me from harm.
Please do. All we have been trying to say is that you should reconsider your approach.
Get familiar with all of Article 6, and stop concentrating solely on consent.
https://gdpr.eu/article-6-how-to-process-personal-data-legally/

Quote from: https://gdpr.eu/Recital-40-Lawfulness-of-data-processing/Recital 40
Lawfulness of data processing
In order for processing to be lawful, personal data should be processed on the basis of the consent of the data subject concerned or some other legitimate basis, laid down by law, either in this Regulation or in other Union or Member State law as referred to in this Regulation, including the necessity for compliance with the legal obligation to which the controller is subject or the necessity for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Matthias

Quote from: OttokarDomma on April 15, 2022, 08:22:43 AM3.
Some translation errors.

index.german.php
$txt['mc_reported_posts'] = 'Es sind momentan %1$d gemeldete Beiträge offen.'; must be changed to
$txt['mc_reported_posts'] = 'gemeldete Beiträge';

There it says "Gemeldete Beiträge"

Quote from: OttokarDomma on April 15, 2022, 08:22:43 AM$txt['report_to_mod_func'] = 'Benutzen Sie diese Funktion, um Moderatoren/Administratoren über einen missbräuchlich oder falsch geschriebenen Beitrag zu informieren.<br /><em>Bitte beachten Sie, dass Ihre E-Mail-Adresse zum betreffenden Moderator gesendet wird, wenn Sie diese Funktion benutzen.</em>';must be changed to
$txt['report_to_mod_func'] = 'Benutzen Sie diese Funktion, um Moderatoren/Administratoren über einen missbräuchlich oder falsch geschriebenen Beitrag zu informieren.';because there is no users email address in the message.

That's right. The hint with the email address really doesn't belong there.

Quote from: OttokarDomma on April 15, 2022, 08:22:43 AMProfile.german.php
Code Auswählen Erweitern
$txt['showMessages'] = 'Benachrichtigungen';must be changed to
Code Auswählen Erweitern
$txt['showMessages'] = 'Beiträge';

It says "Benachrichtigungen"
Quality first

Matthias

Quote from: Matthias on April 17, 2022, 06:19:54 AM
Quote from: OttokarDomma on April 15, 2022, 08:22:43 AM$txt['report_to_mod_func'] = 'Benutzen Sie diese Funktion, um Moderatoren/Administratoren über einen missbräuchlich oder falsch geschriebenen Beitrag zu informieren.<br /><em>Bitte beachten Sie, dass Ihre E-Mail-Adresse zum betreffenden Moderator gesendet wird, wenn Sie diese Funktion benutzen.</em>';must be changed to
$txt['report_to_mod_func'] = 'Benutzen Sie diese Funktion, um Moderatoren/Administratoren über einen missbräuchlich oder falsch geschriebenen Beitrag zu informieren.';because there is no users email address in the message.

That's right. The hint with the email address really doesn't belong there.

I have changed this at crowdin.
Quality first

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

Quote from: OttokarDomma on April 17, 2022, 05:38:10 AM(I was hoping i would meet here responsible adults. But, oh man, it's like a sandpit with bickering children "I'm right! Oh no, i'm right!" and a strict warden which prevents any deviation from the dogma.
I'm at the wrong place here. Obviously.)
Considering these remarks this topic is now closed and moved to Fixed or Bogus Bugs
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Just to be clear. While we appreciate your input, as previously noted, we have our own legal experts who we have consulted.

We're not bickering. We are saying, outright,  that your interpretation is needlessly complex. However, as always,  what you choose to do on your own site is up to you. We provide the base tools needed to comply with GDPR. If you feel more is needed for your comfort,  SMF
is open source. You can modify the implementation as you need to to accomplish your goals.

While we appreciate your input, we disagree with your continued insistence that "you are the only correct source of information"

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: