News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error installing packages only when upgrading

Started by -Rock Lee-, April 15, 2022, 10:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Heffernan

Did you manage to fix this @-Rock Lee-? If not, I can take a look at it for you.

-Rock Lee-

I was just doing some tests to see if it solved it, but the same error continues, even converting everything as it should. It does not give me problems in the images of the signature, attachments, sent mails, which is what seems to fail the most :'(. One way is to upload the already modified files but it is not ideal and it can cause problems in the future.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

-Rock Lee-

Update: Then going file by file looking at settings I finally found the culprit.

After burning more than one eyebrow, the problem was in the SMF option it has for when it installs/uninstalls a package, it generates a backup, apparently it could not do the query correctly and it went into a loop. It doesn't happen with files that add a (~) at the end, it only happens with packages, deactivate this option and everything works as it should.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: -Rock Lee- on April 24, 2022, 07:16:06 PMUpdate: Then going file by file looking at settings I finally found the culprit.

After burning more than one eyebrow, the problem was in the SMF option it has for when it installs/uninstalls a package, it generates a backup, apparently it could not do the query correctly and it went into a loop. It doesn't happen with files that add a (~) at the end, it only happens with packages, deactivate this option and everything works as it should.

Regards!

Glad to see that you got it figured out and the issue has been solved. And thank you for sharing the solution. It will help other members too who might run into the same issue as well.

Advertisement: