News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Jane2

Started by Mick., September 03, 2021, 07:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Link to the theme

Jane2 2.1 Responsive SMF Theme

A very simple plane Jane2 responsive theme for SMF 2.1. Has your social media follow buttons, flat design and minimal. Our style is clean, flat and professional. When you see our design out there, you'll know where it came from, idesignSMF.com
This theme is free for personal and commercial use. You are allowed to use it in your projects, change it and adapt for your purposes. You are not allowed to remove the authorship and link to idesignsSMF.com

Demo: https://www.idesignsmf.com/demo.html

Antechinus

Mike66

Mick.

I updated the theme. If you decide not to re-dload, it's a simple change in the css.

body {
background: #f8f8f8;
font: 83.33%/150% "Segoe UI", "Helvetica Neue", "Nimbus Sans L", Arial, "Liberation Sans", sans-serif;
color: #4c4c4c;
display: flex;
flex-direction: column;
min-height: 100vh;
}

Replace this bit;
font: 83.33%/150% "Segoe UI", "Helvetica Neue", "Nimbus Sans L", Arial, "Liberation Sans", sans-serif;
For this;
font: 78%/130% "Open Sans", sans-serif;
That was my own boo boo. The most important thing, I left it out.  System overload!! Bahahaha

mickjav

Hi mick. Very nice theme thanks, is it possible to have the social media links open in a new window.

Thanks mick

Sent from tab S4

Mick.

Yup. Find this bit in index.template.php
    echo'
<div class="social-font-awesome">';
if(!empty($settings['facebook_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['facebook_url'] , '"><i class="fab fa-facebook"></i></a>';

if(!empty($settings['twitter_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['twitter_url'] , '"><i class="fab fa-twitter"></i></a>';

if(!empty($settings['youtube_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['youtube_url'] , '"><i class="fab fa-youtube"></i></a>';

if(!empty($settings['linkedin_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['linkedin_url'] , '"><i class="fab fa-linkedin"></i></a>';

if(!empty($settings['rss_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['rss_url'] , '"><i class="fas fa-rss"></i></a>';
    echo '
</div>';

Replace with:
    echo'
<div class="social-font-awesome">';
if(!empty($settings['facebook_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['facebook_url'] , '" target="_blank"><i class="fab fa-facebook"></i></a>';

if(!empty($settings['twitter_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['twitter_url'] , '" target="_blank"><i class="fab fa-twitter"></i></a>';

if(!empty($settings['youtube_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['youtube_url'] , '" target="_blank"><i class="fab fa-youtube"></i></a>';

if(!empty($settings['linkedin_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['linkedin_url'] , '" target="_blank"><i class="fab fa-linkedin"></i></a>';

if(!empty($settings['rss_url']))
echo '
                     <a href="', $settings['rss_url'] , '" target="_blank"><i class="fas fa-rss"></i></a>';
    echo '
</div>';

I added a simple line to the href

mickjav

Thanks mick. Be home tomorrow so will sort it then.

Mick.

Jane2 updated to latest SMF 2.1 version.

Notable changes:
Added our styled Info Center

Dave J

Hi Mick,

Sorry to say there is an issue with Jane 2.1.1 .

You will see from the attached images that first installed everything looks fine. Then when you go into settings and remove the option for the 'Random News Line' the theme then goes full width of the screen.

Putting the tick back makes it go back to normal
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Panoulis64

Finally, after testing, I used this theme and I am quite happy.
Your job is very good @Mick.
If it had rounded up videos like feather theme, I would feel lucky.
Sure, there is the problem, says Dave J
I solved it temporarily, making the news permanent.

I need your help, so as not to damage the issue.
This, because I do not know how to write code, I just manage the forum.
So if you want and you can, I want you to tell me, if there is a way to put the photo that shows the arrow, in the attachment and if you happen not to display the text from the news, at the bottom (arrow), since it is permanent, at the top and more beautiful!
Thank you very much.

Panoulis64

I'm sorry because I do not see any answers, especially in Dave J.'s comment.

QuoteYou will see from the attached images that first installed everything looks fine. Then when you go into settings and remove the option for the 'Random News Line' the theme then goes full width of the screen.

@Dave J Did you finally find a solution? I am interested in. Thanks

Dave J

Quote from: Panoulis64 on March 23, 2022, 10:33:25 AMI'm sorry because I do not see any answers, especially in Dave J.'s comment.

QuoteYou will see from the attached images that first installed everything looks fine. Then when you go into settings and remove the option for the 'Random News Line' the theme then goes full width of the screen.

@Dave J Did you finally find a solution? I am interested in. Thanks

Hi

No I didn't bother. I have 4 themes for 2.1.1 that work just fine on my site at the moment
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Dave J on February 17, 2022, 11:00:50 AMHi Mick,

Sorry to say there is an issue with Jane 2.1.1 .

You will see from the attached images that first installed everything looks fine. Then when you go into settings and remove the option for the 'Random News Line' the theme then goes full width of the screen.

I have found the solution for this issue.

Open index.template.php in your favorite text editor.

Find -
  echo '
 <div id="wrapper">';
 // Show a random news item? (or you could pick one from news_lines...)
 if (!empty($settings['enable_news']) && !empty($context['random_news_line']))
 echo '
 <div class="news2">
    <p>', $context['random_news_line'], '</p></div>';
 echo '
 </div>';

Replace with -
    echo '
    <div id="wrapper">';
            // Show a random news item? (or you could pick one from news_lines...)
            if (!empty($settings['enable_news']) && !empty($context['random_news_line']))
        echo '
            <div class="news2">
                <p>', $context['random_news_line'], '</p></div>';

The issue was that the news section was being closed before the ending </div> was being added. So when news was disabled that </div> was closing another open <div> that did not need closing yet.

Advertisement: