News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Alerts Counter Not Updating

Started by Darkness7148, May 30, 2022, 02:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkness7148

It's happening even on this forum. The Alerts counter stopped showing the alerts number a week or so ago. But if I go to the actual alerts page, I can see all the new ones.

Same thing has happened on my account on my forum the last two days. Alerts have stopped coming through but if I go to the the Alerts panel, I can see them all. If I click Mark Unread on one of the old ones, the alerts counter finally shows the correct number.

Kindred

Can not replicate  ...

If you visit a topic, even without viewing the alert, then the alert is removed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Darkness7148

This happens when I've not been on the forum at all.

It seems to me that the function that increases the number just isn't working all the time as the number in the alerts column in the members table stays at zero.

FrizzleFried

If the team took @Arantor 's idea here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=582510.0

...and went with it, it would alleviate ALL these types of support questions.  Just sayin'

;)

Arantor

Well, it'd fix some issues. I do think this site should have been running 2.1cmuch sooner than it was, though, we'd have found those sorts of issues much sooner.

@Darkness7148 if you check the database, is there a backlog of things in the background_tasks table?

Darkness7148

No backlog. I've just done a post on the forum and I can see it in that table. It's the only row.

Advertisement: