Unexpected "Fetch Simple Machines Files" Scheduled Task Error

Started by sah62, May 05, 2022, 07:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sah62

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on May 05, 2022, 10:05:22 AM
Quote from: sah62 on May 05, 2022, 09:20:17 AMWorking on it. I'm getting a "The Simple Machines site is not responding. Please try again later" error when trying to install the UTF-8 version of the "SMF 2.0.19 english" language file, though.

How are you trying to install the language pack?

Through the admin interface. Languages->Add Language as shown in the attached image.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Before experimenting with further changes to the system, two things I would recommend:
- Make a backup
- Document what ever changes you have made recently, and what changes you are making while trying to fix things

This will make it easier to recover, in case something goes terribly wrong.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: sah62 on May 05, 2022, 10:27:19 AM
Quote from: Doug Heffernan on May 05, 2022, 10:05:22 AM
Quote from: sah62 on May 05, 2022, 09:20:17 AMWorking on it. I'm getting a "The Simple Machines site is not responding. Please try again later" error when trying to install the UTF-8 version of the "SMF 2.0.19 english" language file, though.

How are you trying to install the language pack?

Through the admin interface. Languages->Add Language as shown in the attached image.

Can you try to add it manually via a ftp program as mentioned in this guide?

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Languages_-_How_do_I_add_a_new_language#:~:text=Administrators%20using%20SMF%202.0.,Configuration%20%3E%20Languages%20%3E%20Add%20Languages.

sah62

Thanks, that worked. The UTF-8 conversion is complete.

Any thoughts on the "undefined index" errors?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: sah62 on May 05, 2022, 11:02:10 AMThanks, that worked. The UTF-8 conversion is complete.

Glad to hear that it worked.

Quote from: sah62 on May 05, 2022, 11:02:10 AMAny thoughts on the "undefined index" errors?

Can you please attach here your Load.php file?

What is your php version?

sah62

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: sah62 on May 05, 2022, 01:43:40 PMI'm using PHP 7.4.3. File attached.

That file looks fine to me. You said that you have not any mods installed, what about any manual edits to the files? If you have, make a copy of them and then overwrite your forum files with a fresh set of the 2.0.19 package, minus the upgrade files. Clear the error log and see if the errors will come back.

If they do, I can take a look at this for you if you want.

sah62

I installed fresh copies of Load.php and Subs.php yesterday and there were no errors when the task ran automatically this morning. I don't see any differences when comparing what I had to the new files using diff, but something worked. Thanks for the help!

Steve

Marking solved then. If the problem reoccurs, or you have further questions about this specific topic, by all means mark it unsolved and ask away. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: sah62 on May 06, 2022, 07:05:35 AMI installed fresh copies of Load.php and Subs.php yesterday and there were no errors when the task ran automatically this morning. I don't see any differences when comparing what I had to the new files using diff, but something worked. Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear that everything is fine now. Enjoy your Smf forum :)

Advertisement: