News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Backup

Started by FredT, May 06, 2022, 07:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredT

Any Mod our automated process out there to backup fms php, and fms database?

Thank you

Arantor

No, because any mod doing it will likely be insecure and/or do a poor job of it - SMFsed to have a database backup feature but it used to timeout on larger databases and there's no good way to fix that.

Best way is to talk to your host to see what options they have.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: FredT on May 06, 2022, 07:58:05 AMAny Mod our automated process out there to backup fms php, and fms database?

Thank you

Do you have your own vps/dedicated box? If you do, you can make a backup of your database via SSH or Telnet.

If you are on a shared hosting, do you have cPanel? If you do, most cPanels do have a Backup area where you can make a backup of your database as well as your forum files.

A word of advice, if I may. After you backup the database, check the backup file that it is done properly/thoroughly.

FredT

Thank you for the input.

I have to check the provider offers something.

Antechinus

If your host lets you have cPanel you can probably set up a cron job to automate your backups. This is usually possible even on shared servers, and is by far the most convenient once you have set it up. :)

Sir Osis of Liver

If your host doesn't include 30 day backups in basic package, move to better host.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

FredT

Host does allow backups. I can trigger them manualy for the folders, and Cron jobs for the DB. Nothing automated. But I only pay $0.99 a month for hosting. Not much to expect.

Kira_

An easy and beautiful solution for backup and restore DB. It can be run via cron.
However, the sadness. Stopped working on php 7+

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2664
а нас
за що?

Advertisement: