News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.1.2 Released

Started by Sesquipedalian, May 09, 2022, 12:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacecake

Thanks for all the efforts and taking care of the security flaws to be fixed.

After spending a lot of time to get the outdated SMF Forum, which I administrate to Standard SMF 2.1.1, the update took me exactly 5 seconds.

Great stuff. Super happy about it and this is really comfortable and easy out of the admin center.

Kind Regards
Christian

d3vcho

Hey! I really like the development pace you currently have guys.

Congrats to everyone!! ;D
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

DenDen60

Thanks every one. Good job.

info33

My SMF forum:
https://www.romaniafotovoltaice.com [nofollow]

TwitchisMental

Love seeing these updates! Thank you SMF Team!

izotz

Good job. The fix about getting the right image ratio is appreciated.
I was able to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 just using my smartphone. Having a very quick and smooth upgrade process makes my life so much easier. Probably not the most recommended option in case something goes wrong, but I couldn't resist the temptation.

Steve

Quote from: izotz on May 13, 2022, 05:10:09 AMProbably not the most recommended option in case something goes wrong
As my good friend Doug says ... indeed. A little risky but I'm glad it worked out well for you.
DO NOT pm me for support!

ozbob

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated, the work that goes on to develop SMF.

8)

hungarianguy

Upgraded without a hitch. Thank you SMF Team

gisfreak

super.....thank you for all the hard works  :-*
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

KnownBB.xyz

Gustavo 8806

Congratulations and thanks again SMF team!

Ravi Singh

Congratulation for this.

crazy_man

Bir Damlasıyım Okyanusun...Ama Okyanusum. (I'm a Drop of the Ocean... But I'm the Ocean.)
Uyanan Gençlik
Arif Hocam

Blade~

Hi all ... we're on 2.1 RC4, can we upgrade to 2.1.2?
'Do nothing and there is nothing that's not done' - Lao Tzu

Running SMF 2.1.4
PHP version: 8.1.16

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Blade~ on June 01, 2022, 05:37:40 PMHi all ... we're on 2.1 RC4, can we upgrade to 2.1.2?

Yes, you can. Please see this link.

Upgrading SMF

If you will have any further questions about the upgrade, please post in the relevant board. (SMF 2.1.x Support)

footballhd720p

hi, thank you, the new tools are very awesome...

i would like to ask, whether the sub-board is a new feature or not, or maybe i am missing it before?

it will so perfect for the newest version, many difference, tiny and pretty.

only missing hashtag function alone, since many sns platform, hashtag is convenience to use at community of sns.

thanks for contribution, i now focus on the usage of sub-board function.

Kindred

sub boards have been around since before 1.0...  They were previously called Child Boards

Hashtags, as already explained are really complicated and are less than useful on a forum platform.

Post Topic (aka prefix) List on the other hand exists and is more useful than random hashtags
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tamatos_123

Congratulation team SMF

BellGab.com

We took our forum down about 15 months ago because "reasons."  It was using 2.0.17 at the time.  I didn't pay any attention to SMF while we were down.  We happily were able to bring our forum back online yesterday, fully updated to 2.1.2, which I had never seen in action.  I just thought I'd post here and give a tip of the hat to all of the people who worked to make 2.1 happen.  It's such a radical advance from 2.0 and it really surprised me how much more advanced it is.  I haven't had a ton of time to mess with 2.1 yet, but every time I log in I find another example of something that has improved.  Very nicely done.

Advertisement: