No email by registratiion New member

Started by dbh, May 11, 2022, 08:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbh

No mail will be sent when registering a new memmber
What can id do ?

Steve

I'm concerned about who you are. Looking at your previous posts they are well written and fully understand what was suggested to you.

Your last two, however, are not. Maybe you're just having a bad morning, who knows? I'm not accusing you of anything.

Could we please have the url to your forum? (You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it publicly.)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: dbh on May 11, 2022, 08:17:59 AMNo mail will be sent when registering a new memmber
What can id do ?

Is the Notify administrators when a new member joins function checked? What are you using for Mail type? SMTP or PHP?

dbh

I use an account from Germany "gmx.com" or is it wiser to take a gmail account.
I know the smtp settings of gmx but don't know if they work

at the moment i work via php and have domain at strato

Thanks for reply

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: dbh on May 12, 2022, 06:23:38 PMI use an account from Germany "gmx.com" or is it wiser to take a gmail account.

Give the gmail a try and see if that will help. When did this happen? Was it like this since from the start or did it work at first and then it stopped?

Kindred

For php mail,  I am pretty sure that you have to have a local mail address and server set up on your hosting server...   smtp allows you to configure an external mail server
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dbh

solved it
using now gmail, php is working
thamks

Doug Heffernan

Glad to see that you got it solved @dbh and thank you for letting us know.

Advertisement: