News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

menu bar?

Started by Cookieswithcoffee, May 13, 2022, 09:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookieswithcoffee

Happy Friday!

I'm using 2.1.2
Theme is Negative (realllly don't want to change)

I'm not seeing menu bar drop downs for things like logout or profile. What am I missing? What do I need to download? I viewed mods for 2.1 but wasn't able to identify what I need.

Thanks!!
(click to enlarge)

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Cookieswithcoffee on May 13, 2022, 09:48:10 AMI'm not seeing menu bar drop downs for things like logout or profile. What am I missing? What do I need to download? I viewed mods for 2.1 but wasn't able to identify what I need.

Most likely the theme has changed the profile area there. You will have to ask at that theme 's support topic. .All mods/themes related support questions should be asked on their support topics.

Arantor

The profile menu looks to be the top right - the user name with a down arrow. Log out is on the profile menu. It's not a hover menu in 2.1, it's click to open.

To rewrite the menu is a pretty big change to put it back like 2.0, and it'll be different in each theme - I'm not even sure what theme you're using.

Cookieswithcoffee

Thanks! I'll ask the theme creator of Negative.

The dropdown function doesn't drop down.

I appreciate the responses!

Thanks,
Cookie

Steve

Marking as solved for this topic. Let us know if you run into further issues with this.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

Quote from: Cookieswithcoffee on May 13, 2022, 10:14:37 AMThanks! I'll ask the theme creator of Negative.

The dropdown function doesn't drop down.

I appreciate the responses!

Thanks,
Cookie

The profile, messages and alerts menus do not open on hover, only on click. If they do not work even if you click on them, it may be some bad JavaScript from a mod causing them not to open... best place to check that is the browser console.

shadav

fyi if the menu stopped working you will need to replace your javascript files with clean ones from the download...most likely you moved the forum or downloaded it then uploaded it again and the javascript files got corrupted in the theme folder, this is usually the culprit for the menu not working
other issues could be if you use cloudflare you'll need to turn off the rocket loader they use as it will break most javascripts.

sorry just noticed you said you are using 2.1.2 ... I have not tested this theme out yet with 2.1.2 so I'm not sure if there are any needed template changes for it to work or not, sorry

as for moving the menu...you could use a program like winmerge and compare the theme with the default theme to see where the menu bits go...
otherwise please feel free to post in the support topic and remind me to look in to it but it will probably be a few days/week before I can get around to it
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=578841.0

Sir Osis of Liver

The user menu bar (top right) is broken, none work in 2.1.1.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

shadav

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 13, 2022, 12:46:57 PMThe user menu bar (top right) is broken, none work in 2.1.1.

odd...it's working on my test site
https://hostingspot.net/testing/smf21/

Sir Osis of Liver

It works erratically, sometimes buttons light up and work if you fiddle cursor over them, sometimes not.  Sometimes clicking user buttons lights up Members button.  Did you mess with the javascript?

- R. Waters

Kindred

Seems to Work just fine here.. .
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

You can see it here if you login.

test1
t1guest

When you hover over user buttons, highlight flickers.  When it's on, button works, when it's off Home button text lights up.  Something wrong with hover only on user menu.  Using FF99.

- R. Waters

shadav

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 14, 2022, 08:21:04 PMYou can see it here if you login.

test1
t1guest

When you hover over user buttons, highlight flickers.  When it's on, button works, when it's off Home button text lights up.  Something wrong with hover only on user menu.  Using FF99.

It's working for me...you have to click on it...it doesn't just drop down on hover
the only thing I do see is it's a slight bit off where you think you should click is just a smidge lower to where you actually click
You cannot view this attachment.
if that's what you mean, then i'll have to play around with that to see about raising it up a bit
but the op stated it's not working at all....so i'm assuming their js files got corrupted or something is messing with their javascripts from running

Sir Osis of Liver

Might be a browser thing, sometimes doesn't work at all, you have to move cursor around to get it to light up and stay lit long enough to click on it.  Something's wrong with hover effect, only on user menu and only this theme.  Haven't been able to find it in inspect, maybe something in js.

You can see in attached where it's lit up Home button.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: