News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is there a way to set default profile/layout Settings?

Started by voom, May 13, 2022, 08:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voom

There are a number of profile settings, that practically every user wants checked, esp. under layout. Like make WYSIWYG default setting and actually all of the other settings under "Posts".

I explain things like that, but I found, that not a single user checked those settings, but still expect WYSIWYG, autosave to work. At the moment there are only few users, and I went into every single profile and set that for them. Of course that will not work in the long run.

So my question is: is there a way to define default settings for new users? Via a mod, hack, or...?

Antechinus

voom

Wow, that is totally "lost in translation" (German) - basically the right link says, translated back to EN:
"Reset default options (guests) for this theme"

The next one, that leads to the option to set existing users to the default settings says:
"Reset all current member options for this theme"

Antechinus

Feel free to offer a better translation. :)

Anyway, does it work for you?

voom

It looks like the right setting; but it's a small community, just starting, so no new members since...

I might have some ideas for better translations, this one is the only one that I have encountered, that's really misleading. Other things are inconsistent, like using a different word for the same thing or the same wording for a different thing. I'll check in, when I find time for it.... :)

Advertisement: