So I belong to this website's forum...

Started by Illhaveanother, May 14, 2022, 03:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illhaveanother

I belong to this website's forum. It looks like SMF 2.0.15 is used in the forum and I expect other SM stuff for the rest of it. Can anyone tell what the problems are? The photog is busy doing other stuff but in the past I have got help here and when I posted the info on what to do to fix it he fixed it without ever commenting about it. I'm hoping for a similar result. :) Last time he updated the version of SMF.
https://opacity.us/ [nofollow]

Thank You

Arantor

Only the owner can do that. The reality is that we just provide the software - we don't host it or run it.

Illhaveanother

I know that I'm hoping you can see what the problem is in the error messages and tell me so that I can relay the info. Several functions are not working properly.

Illori

we have 0 access to any forum but this one. so without the admin to help you we cannot do anything.

Arantor

The "error" I get is that I'm banned. Which almost certainly isn't actually the case, and more likely is a weird misconfiguration. But nothing we can do without the owner getting involved.

If you see a different error message maybe you could tell us what it says?

Doug Heffernan

@Illhaveanother, can you ask the owner if they are willing to come here and post about the issues that they are having with the forum?

Illhaveanother

Here are the two errors I have found. The first longer error on the main page of each gallery. The second error shows up for each picture in all of the galleries. I assume these are passive problems with the SMF code. Though it did start happening when one particular spammer posted. The mods can remove posts and ban people. Rarely they ban IP's. I was hoping to find out what the fix for each one is. That way I can post it on the forum of that site and if the owner pops by it will be there. I figure he's busy, some other's think he abandoned it :)
Thank You

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: pages/site.php
Line Number: 13

An Error Was Encountered
The Encrypt library requires the Mcrypt extension.

Arantor

The first error - relating to pages/site.php - refers to custom code, not in SMF.

The second... I don't remember what SMF might use mcrypt for, fairly sure nothing in the core uses it at all. Would need further information from the owner.

Illhaveanother

Thank You Arntor.

Edit- Not so much solved as I know what I came to find out. Thanks everyone.

Tyrsson

When I scrolled to the very bottom I seen this reported.

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated

Filename: Google/Utils.php

Line Number: 65

Reference post on stack overflow that might provide some information without having to look it up.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12769982/reference-what-does-this-error-mean-in-php/59158847#59158847
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: