News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[FREE/PAID] NO Upload Button & Improved Attachment User Interface Mod

Started by FrizzleFried, May 19, 2022, 10:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Well, my topic (ID ending in 515) was in Feature Requests which is a public board... I assumed the other topic (ID ending in 516) was a split and then merge so that it didn't exist any more - because I can't see it either if it is still a topic.

Steve

But your topic IS in the Feature Requests board. https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=582515.0

I don't know anything about your topic (ID ending in 516), I just split the ACP posts out of this one and merged them to your topic (ID ending in 515).
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

It's the one you linked to in your post, though. It looks like the posts were split out into a new topic (516), then merged to mine (515), so 516 would be gone and 515 is what's left.

Steve

I see what you're saying.

So no posts are missing (they're either here or in the 515 topic)? (which everyone should be able to see?)

@FrizzleFried, I'll check on why that is.

@Sir Osis of Liver - which post? It should be in the other topic if it's not here. I didn't delete any posts.

Arantor

Everyone can see Feature Requests... but if you link to a topic that no longer exists (because it got merged, and this can't make a redirection topic), the link says "the topic or board is off limits to you".

The issue here is simply that the link in #135 doesn't exist any more.

Steve

Ohhhhhh ... now I understand! So those whose posts are no longer in this topic needs to click here:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=582515.0

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Thanks Kindred. It was the link that I had wrong, as Arantor pointed out.  :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Other thing is, because of the way posts are ordered, merging a post into an existing topic can place it somewhere other than at the end, so it will be missed.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Steve

Yes, I know. But as the merged topic only has 11 posts, it's easy enough to see if yours is there or not.

I wouldn't have merged them into a large topic. Would probably just have made the split posts a topic of their own.

Karmasterrr

Quote from: Antechinus on May 25, 2022, 01:43:30 AMOk was still buggy. This is better:

// Nifty auto upload. Yay!
        // Seems to run without bugs.
        // Needs more checking: Android, Chrome, etc.
        filesLimit = (myDropzone.options.maxFileAmount - myDropzone.getAcceptedFiles().length);

if (file.accepted !== true || filesLimit > 0) {
            (function(element){
                setTimeout(function(){
                    element.find('.upload').click();
                }, 1000);
            })(_thisElement);
        }
    });

Added an extra condition, to check the number of files dropped vs number allowed. Also, increased the timeout function delay to 1000 ms.

1000ms - this is server problem and can not and should not be fixed with javascript, leave it alone, keep it 100ms.

Antechinus

I know it is a kludge. I said so already. If you want to fix it with javascript, go ahead. :)

However, it works with that kludge in place, and it does not work (without errors) if I remove it. So, in the absence of a better solution, I'm keeping it for now.

Karmasterrr

Quote from: Antechinus on May 31, 2022, 04:32:23 PMBut, that code of yours is buggy, and throws masses of errors if there are existing attachments and someone goes to edit the post. It needs to be fixed before it is ready for a mod.
No, I've checked and zero error or warnings with my original code. Have you tried original theme without  modifications?

Antechinus

Nope. Not interested in using the original theme without any changes. The whole point of this exercise is to change it. ;)

FrizzleFried

Karmasterrr

@FrizzleFried, do you have any bugs/errors/warnings Antechinus mentioned ? (with unmodified theme and code)

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Karmaster on June 02, 2022, 07:09:17 AM@FrizzleFried, do you have any bugs/errors/warnings Antechinus mentioned ? (with unmodified theme and code)

FWIW,  he's referring to errors that appear on your browsers console,  not errors that pop up in the SMF log anyplace...

I honestly can't answer the question as I've been using his updated tweak of your code to test with... I only used the original code for a couple days and to be honest with you,  I never checked the console to see if there was anything strange going on in the background.

Karmasterrr

LOL, @FrizzleFried, do you have any bugs/errors/warnings in browser console Antechinus mentioned ? (with unmodified theme and code)
Can you test it ? I think if there is no bugs, nothing should be fixed ;)

live627

Antechinus

Yup. Reverse order. CSS trickery.

I figured that if you were adding more attachments to an existing post, it made sense for the latest attachments to be at the top. That way you could see they had been added successfully, without having to go looking down the page. IMO, that's better UX. ;)

Same applies if you just upped the wrong file by mistake. If it's at the top you can see straight away, and it's easy to delete.

Advertisement: