Thanks for SMF 2.1

Started by GL700Wing, May 19, 2022, 07:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

I'd say just add the changes that modify files that the new theme has.
I'd imagine that Display.template.php is be the main file to modify in this case.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Steve

Thanks Diego, that's what I'll do until GL gets back.  :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

GL700Wing

v1.3 - 10-Jun-23
o As per this message fixed issue where clicking on Thank button repeatedly in quick succession generated a database error.
o Updated core files to incorporate changes made to inbuilt Likes system.
o Added 'import-thanks.php' script to import 'Thanks' created by SMF 2.0 'Thank Posts' mod - based on code provided by shawnb61 for importing 'Likes' from SMF 2.0.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Dave J

Hi GL,

For some reason on 3 different sites when looking to see who thanked a post I get the error as in the image. At first I thought it was something to do with my main site but then I installed it in my other 2 sites and it's the same on there too.

The main site is on SMF2.1.4
PHP8.2.3

the other site is SMF2.1.4
PHP 8.0.28
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Dave J on November 18, 2023, 08:05:28 AMFor some reason on 3 different sites when looking to see who thanked a post I get the error as in the image. At first I thought it was something to do with my main site but then I installed it in my other 2 sites and it's the same on there too.

That type of error is almost always server related. Any specific message(s) logged in either at the forum error lor or server error log?

Dave J

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on November 18, 2023, 08:52:36 AM
Quote from: Dave J on November 18, 2023, 08:05:28 AMFor some reason on 3 different sites when looking to see who thanked a post I get the error as in the image. At first I thought it was something to do with my main site but then I installed it in my other 2 sites and it's the same on there too.

That type of error is almost always server related. Any specific message(s) logged in either at the forum error lor or server error log?

Nothing related to that Doug. The only server error yesterday was for
Cron reschedule event error for hook: then the next previous error was September.

Just in case it was related to the host I just installed the mod on my NAS drives SMF2.1.4 install and it does the same there too.

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

GL700Wing

Version 1.4 - 19-Nov-23
o As per this report by @Dave J fixed issue that caused '500 internal server error' when trying to view who had liked a post (the same issue also prevented the removal of a thank).
o Made some minor changes to core files that were missed in v1.3 (these changes specifically relate to the adaptation of the inbuilt SMF 2.1.4  'Likes' system to this mod).

Note: There is an upgrade option for all previous versions of this mod.

Dave J

Quote from: GL700Wing on November 19, 2023, 01:53:51 AMVersion 1.4 - 19-Nov-23
o As per this report by @Dave J fixed issue that caused '500 internal server error' when trying to view who had liked a post (the same issue also prevented the removal of a thank).
o Made some minor changes to core files that were missed in v1.3 (these changes specifically relate to the adaptation of the inbuilt SMF 2.1.4  'Likes' system to this mod).

Note: There is an upgrade option for all previous versions of this mod.

Thanks very much GL.

Tested on my NAS and it's all working as it should.

console.log.myName

Hi. We have a problem with Cyrillic. Immediately after you click on the "thank you" button, the text with the wrong encoding appears. But after updating the page, everything is ok. How can I fix this?

GL700Wing

Quote from: console.log.myName on January 27, 2024, 09:01:49 PMHi. We have a problem with Cyrillic. Immediately after you click on the "thank you" button, the text with the wrong encoding appears. But after updating the page, everything is ok. How can I fix this?

Do you have the same issue with the inbuilt Likes system?

console.log.myName

Quote from: GL700Wing on January 27, 2024, 09:37:42 PM
Quote from: console.log.myName on January 27, 2024, 09:01:49 PMHi. We have a problem with Cyrillic. Immediately after you click on the "thank you" button, the text with the wrong encoding appears. But after updating the page, everything is ok. How can I fix this?
Do you have the same issue with the inbuilt Likes system?
No

GL700Wing

Quote from: console.log.myName on January 27, 2024, 10:41:13 PM
Quote from: GL700Wing on January 27, 2024, 09:37:42 PMDo you have the same issue with the inbuilt Likes system?
No
Interesting given this mod is a clone of the inbuilt 'Likes' system - I'll look into it.

console.log.myName

Quote from: GL700Wing on January 27, 2024, 11:06:52 PM
Quote from: console.log.myName on January 27, 2024, 10:41:13 PM
Quote from: GL700Wing on January 27, 2024, 09:37:42 PMDo you have the same issue with the inbuilt Likes system?
No
Interesting given this mod is a clone of the inbuilt 'Likes' system - I'll look into it.
Ok, thank you.
We will waiting update or fix...

console.log.myName

Do you have a news about fix?

GL700Wing

Quote from: console.log.myName on February 28, 2024, 01:46:42 PMDo you have a news about fix?
No - not yet unfortunately because I've been very busy working on another mod and getting ready for some upcoming trips. 

That said, I should have some time to look into this issue within the next few days.

GL700Wing

OK - I've looked into this issue but I cannot reproduce it on an SMF 2.1 forum that has the Russian language installed, the 'Likes' feature enabled and the 'Thanks' mod installed.

I added the following strings (Google translated but no guarantee they are correct) to the index.russian.php file and changed the language for one of my users to Russian.
// Thanks mod.
$txt['thanks'] = 'Спасибо';
$txt['thank'] = 'Спасибо';
$txt['unthank'] = 'Не благодарить';
$txt['thank_success'] = 'Ваш контент был успешно поблагодарён.';
$txt['thank_delete'] = 'Ваш контент был успешно удален.';
$txt['thank_insert'] = 'Ваш контент был успешно вставлен.';
$txt['thank_error'] = 'В вашем запросе произошла ошибка.';
$txt['thank_disable'] = 'Функция «Спасибо» отключена.';
$txt['not_valid_thank_type'] = 'Выбранный тип не является допустимым.';
// Translators, if you need to make more strings to suit your language, e.g. $txt['thanks_2'] = 'Two people thank this', please do so.
$txt['thanks_1'] = '<a href="%1$s">%2$s человек</a> поблагодарил.';
$txt['thanks_n'] = '<a href="%1$s">%2$s человек</a> поблагодарили это.';
$txt['you_thanks_0'] = 'Вы поблагодарили за это.';
$txt['you_thanks_1'] = 'Вы и <a href="%1$s">%2$s другой человек</a> поблагодарили это.';
$txt['you_thanks_n'] = 'Вы и <a href="%1$s">%2$s других людей</a> поблагодарили это.';

I suspect this may be a JavaScript conflict with some other mod you have installed and I noticed the word 'PLAY' in the image you attached and that is definitely not something to do with this mod - what other mods do you have installed?

Advertisement: