Significant numbers of entries in the Error Log - How to troubleshoot

Started by sbartelski, June 08, 2022, 11:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbartelski

Since upgrading to SMF 2.1.2 I am seeing significant numbers of entries in the error log. There are different kinds of error but this post focusses on one type of error that causes about 30 entries. I am attaching screen shots of the first and the last few entries for one such error. Also I have the Backtrack window for the first and last error entries.

As a noob, can anyone help me with suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? I have checked the MySQL database and there are no errors listed. The server PHP version is 7.4.29, Server version: 5.6.41-84.1 - Percona Server (GPL), Release 84.1, Revision b308619; Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 7.4.29.

Thanks in advance for any assistanceYou cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.         
Stefan Bartelski
Webmaster for the Cadillac LaSalle Discussion forums

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: sbartelski on June 08, 2022, 11:29:28 AMSince upgrading to SMF 2.1.2 I am seeing significant numbers of entries in the error log. There are different kinds of error but this post focusses on one type of error that causes about 30 entries. I am attaching screen shots of the first and the last few entries for one such error. Also I have the Backtrack window for the first and last error entries.

As a noob, can anyone help me with suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? I have checked the MySQL database and there are no errors listed. The server PHP version is 7.4.29, Server version: 5.6.41-84.1 - Percona Server (GPL), Release 84.1, Revision b308619; Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 7.4.29.

Have you installed any mods after the upgrade? If so, what mods? Or did the errors happen immediately after the upgrade without any mods installed?

FrizzleFried

I see he either has ... or had prior to upgrade ... the Ultimate Menu mod running at the very least.

sbartelski

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on June 08, 2022, 11:40:40 AMHave you installed any mods after the upgrade? If so, what mods? Or did the errors happen immediately after the upgrade without any mods installed?

I am afraid that I did not run the forum long without mods and the log has been been cleared a couple of time since the upgrade. But yes I do have mods:
Ultimate menu
Ad Management
Quick New Topic Button

Turn them off, one by one to see if the errors stop?
Stefan Bartelski

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: sbartelski on June 08, 2022, 12:54:14 PMTurn them off, one by one to see if the errors stop?

Yes, that would help in either ruling them out as being the cause of the errors, or finding the the one that it is causing the errors.

sbartelski

I suspect that my solution for the incomplete screens (see separate post) also resolves this issue. It did involve Ad Management, an error in the settings. Time will tell but I will mark this as solved and repost if these problems continue
Stefan Bartelski

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: sbartelski on June 08, 2022, 02:02:42 PMI suspect that my solution for the incomplete screens (see separate post) also resolves this issue. It did involve Ad Management, an error in the settings. Time will tell but I will mark this as solved and repost if these problems continue

Glad to hear that the issue got solved and thank you for letting us know.

sbartelski

Quote from: sbartelski on June 08, 2022, 02:02:42 PMI suspect that my solution for the incomplete screens (see separate post) also resolves this issue. It did involve Ad Management, an error in the settings. Time will tell but I will mark this as solved and repost if these problems continue
After a day I can confirm that this issue was indeed resolved by the fix for the incomplete screens.  ;D
Stefan Bartelski

Advertisement: