Empty editor when modifiying posts with quotes

Started by voom, May 24, 2022, 07:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

Quote from: GL700Wing on May 25, 2022, 07:49:58 AMI started investigating the cause of this issue just after it was reported earlier today but as yet I have no idea why this mod is causing the following JavaScript issues/error messages with the 'Modify' action:
Uncaught SyntaxError: expected expression, got ',' and bbc_quote_from is not defined
OK - cause and fix identified - new version will be released later today after testing ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

voom

After I read in another thread, that people installed this as the last one of a bunch of plugins to avoid problems. So I thought, maybe if I now install it again, it will be ok. The preliminary check showed no errors, so I went on installing it. Now that threw a bunch of errors and broke off. The modifications to files and database had all been made, I tried to roll them back manually with undoing everything that the installer does (the files by using the backed up version with the tilde) but in the end it was so messed up, that I went back to last night's backup loosing some posts.

Now I don't know if that helps at all, or makes it even more enigmatic. Probably my setup is messed up at this point to begin with.

I was using it mainly to reduce the size of image files, because I want to enable larger uploads in general, but most people don't think twice about uploading a picture with 8k resolution and 5 MB for showing last night's supper for the cat. ;)

It did that very well, the mod itself works greatly.

voom

Quote from: GL700Wing on May 25, 2022, 10:42:15 AMOK - cause and fix identified - new version will be released later today after testing ...
8)  :D

The last post I wrote before reading this. Now I have this install-issue, that the preliminary check was completely ok, but the install process itself broke off. I might make a fresh backup and try again...

Advertisement: