I need a new custom field to appear next to a previous one.

Started by rcane, June 06, 2022, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

I have zipcode as a custom field for members.

I now have a need for the +4 zip (ex: 20147-3690).

I'd really like for that new field to sit next to the 5-digit zip; I wondered if there is a way to change the field order in the table without destroying the existing zip codes.

Else, I've considered asking guests to modify their existing zip code to reflect the above format, and then I could just extract the last 4 characters (if the entire field passed the test of having "-" in it) and storing that separately.

I know there was a mod at one time that allowed for custom profile field ordering but I don't think it was up to 2.0.19 then---certainly not now.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

rcane

Yeah. Didn't want to work.  Failed the install and no particulars for .19 in the parsing tab.

-=[Vyorel]=-

I tested and it works on clean SMF 2.0.19  ;D

Make a backup first  :)
My mods for SMF - [6].

rcane

Quote from: -=[Vyorel]=- on June 06, 2022, 07:15:58 PMI tested and it works on clean SMF 2.0.19  ;D

Hmm, okay. 

Where did you make the ordering adjustments?

rcane

Quote from: rcane on June 09, 2022, 02:01:00 PM
Quote from: -=[Vyorel]=- on June 06, 2022, 07:15:58 PMI tested and it works on clean SMF 2.0.19  ;D

Ok, I think I got it.  One of the versions I downloaded wasn't working. 

Hmm, okay. 

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: rcane on June 09, 2022, 02:04:32 PM

Hmm, okay. 

Please do not bump your posts within 24 hours. Give others a chance to reply first. After all everyone here is a volunteer. And a thank you to @-=[Vyorel]=- who kindly helped you with the mod that they attached, will not hurt either.

rcane

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on June 09, 2022, 02:15:44 PM
Quote from: rcane on June 09, 2022, 02:04:32 PM

Hmm, okay. 

Please do not bump your posts within 24 hours. Give others a chance to reply first. After all everyone here is a volunteer. And a thank you to @-=[Vyorel]=- who kindly helped you with the mod that they attached, will not hurt either.

Oh man, I wasn't trying to bump. I meant to have edited myself.   Sorry 'bout that.

Advertisement: