News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is there any responsive theme for 1.1.20?

Started by yaf79, June 09, 2022, 08:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaf79

Hello,

I was wondering, because my forum looks very old already. Is there any way to put a responsive theme on a SMF 1.1.20 or I need to upgrade?

I don't want to upgrade, because... well, I'm not sure I can.

Thanks for your help!

FrizzleFried

There are no responsive themes for 1.1 that I am aware of.  Add to that the fact that 1.1 is very old and unsecure and you have quite the motivation to upgrade to 2.1!

It can be done.

:D

yaf79

Ok, I will try - bt is it possible to keep the url's? I have some Pretty urls module installed, not sure it will work with the 2.0.

Quote from: FrizzleFried on June 09, 2022, 08:56:09 AMThere are no responsive themes for 1.1 that I am aware of.  Add to that the fact that 1.1 is very old and unsecure and you have quite the motivation to upgrade to 2.1!

It can be done.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: yaf79 on June 09, 2022, 09:06:36 AMOk, I will try - bt is it possible to keep the url's? I have some Pretty urls module installed, not sure it will work with the 2.0.

Quote from: FrizzleFried on June 09, 2022, 08:56:09 AMThere are no responsive themes for 1.1 that I am aware of.  Add to that the fact that 1.1 is very old and unsecure and you have quite the motivation to upgrade to 2.1!

It can be done.

Pretty URLs works with SMF 2.1. If you're using the old SEO4SMF mod, Pretty URLs will handle the URLs from that.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

yaf79

Do you guys know some company or contractor who may do that for me?

Oldiesmann

Upgrading isn't difficult. You upload the new files via FTP (overwriting your existing forum files) then point your browser to upgrade.php and follow the steps. See https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading for more information.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: yaf79 on June 09, 2022, 09:17:33 AMDo you guys know some company or contractor who may do that for me?

As mentioned above, upgrading Smf is very easy. If you do not feel comfortable of doing that yourself and want an experienced person to do it for you, you can also start a topic at our Help Wanted (not for support) board.

yaf79

I will do that because, I have some issues going on too.

10x to all!

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: yaf79 on June 09, 2022, 09:56:09 AMI will do that because, I have some issues going on too.

10x to all!

Good luck with the upgrade. I am going to mark this topic as solved.

Advertisement: