News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No alerts for new events in calendar

Started by Julius_2000, January 11, 2023, 06:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius_2000

Hi all,

As I understand it, SMF offers the option to be notified about newly posted events. However, my standard member test account does not receive any alerts when I post a new event as an admin. Notifications for those are enabled both in the general and individual settings. All other alert categories work just fine. Test on all themes including the SMF default one.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Julius_2000 on January 11, 2023, 06:07:23 AMHi all,

As I understand it, SMF offers the option to be notified about newly posted events. However, my standard member test account does not receive any alerts when I post a new event as an admin. Notifications for those are enabled both in the general and individual settings. All other alert categories work just fine. Test on all themes including the SMF default one.
I can confirm this on my setup.

What is your server setup as far as PHP and MySQL version?

Also just to be sure, the user is not already setup to receive alerts for that specific board correct?

Will make a GitHub note on this.

Edit : Moved to Bug Reports Section

Edit 2 : GitHub Link - https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/issues/7672

Julius_2000

Hi @TwitchisMental, thanks for your reply!

Quote from: TwitchisMental on January 11, 2023, 11:19:28 PMWhat is your server setup as far as PHP and MySQL version?
I'm not sure, I need to ask the server owner. The PHP info tab in Admin never shows anything at all. I don't know whether this is supposed to be or something is wrong there..
But what I do know is that he made several updates to the server and php prior to updating from 2.0.19 to 2.1.13 so that everything should be up to speed. He did not report any bugs or irregularities during the process.

Quote from: TwitchisMental on January 11, 2023, 11:19:28 PMAlso just to be sure, the user is not already setup to receive alerts for that specific board correct?
I made a wholly new event for testing purposes and the user is a blank testing account without any "subscriptions" to topics.

Thank you for sending the bug report, that's much appreciated!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Julius_2000 on January 13, 2023, 05:32:59 AMHi @TwitchisMental, thanks for your reply!

Quote from: TwitchisMental on January 11, 2023, 11:19:28 PMWhat is your server setup as far as PHP and MySQL version?
I'm not sure, I need to ask the server owner. The PHP info tab in Admin never shows anything at all. I don't know whether this is supposed to be or something is wrong there..
But what I do know is that he made several updates to the server and php prior to updating from 2.0.19 to 2.1.13 so that everything should be up to speed. He did not report any bugs or irregularities during the process.

Quote from: TwitchisMental on January 11, 2023, 11:19:28 PMAlso just to be sure, the user is not already setup to receive alerts for that specific board correct?
I made a wholly new event for testing purposes and the user is a blank testing account without any "subscriptions" to topics.

Thank you for sending the bug report, that's much appreciated!

You're welcome, this will be looked into by the dev team when time allows.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Advertisement: