Many users experiencing 'server not found'

Started by Keep Looking, June 19, 2022, 12:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep Looking

Hi folks

For the last couple days, a lot of users on the forum I admin have been experiencing issues with not being able to load the site - frequently when they try to open the site or post something they'll get redirected to a 'server not found' or 'unavailable' page. Usually the site loads again in a minute or two, but it's been happening frequently enough that it is causing issues, and I know that when I was going through the site just now the 'server not found' came up twice.

Does anybody have any idea what sort of issue this may be, and if there's anything I can do to fix it?

Sir Osis of Liver

That's a host problem, contact host support, or move to a better host.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's likely a host side problem, so contacting your host is a good idea - but I can think of other plausible reasons too, it is not necessarily the host at fault. Might be good to keep in mind when contacting the host.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Keep Looking

Thanks for the advice guys! I've contacted the other forum admin who actually owns the forum (my job is mainly to check up on things and deal with interpersonal stuff/minor bugs and fixes) so that we can see about contacting the host.

Doug Heffernan

Any update on this @Keep Looking? Did you guys contact the host?

Advertisement: