News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SQL database locked

Started by Wildfirebill, June 21, 2022, 10:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfirebill

Fresh install and already having trouble with the software.

2: SQLite3::query(): Unable to execute statement: database is locked

/public_html/forum/Sources/Cache/APIs/Sqlite.php (Line 82)

Kindred

I did not think that 2.1 supported SQLlite
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shawnb61

Not as a db, but that is a cache adapter.  I am not familiar with that adapter.

First thing I'd try is a different adapter, to get up and running.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Oldiesmann

It means that some other process is currently trying to access the database, or something timed out while trying to access that database. See https://www.sysinfotools.com/blog/sqlite-database-is-locked/ for more. If you're getting errors while trying to use that caching method you should choose a different one.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Arantor

Don't use SQLite3 as a cache adapter if your site is busy. It isn't designed for concurrency.

Wildfirebill

Yea there is only 2 choices SQLite3 or SMF file based caching. I switched to SMF file based caching and so far no trouble.

Steve

Will give this another day then you or one of us on the team can mark this solved.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Diego Andrés

I could "reproduce" this issue in one of my sites with very low traffic.
A guest triggered it, definitely related to something funky in SQLite implementation.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Oldiesmann

SQLite3 is designed to be lightweight and therefore doesn't support simultaneous write operations. If your site is even remotely busy then you'll run into this issue.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

vbgamer45

Hmm would there any reason to have it as a cache system then?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: