Old Style "avatar, post summary, time online" header

Started by Senkusha, June 23, 2022, 06:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Is it possible to have users toggle between the old style of SMF that showed a member's avatar with the time logged into the forum above the news feeder, and all that?
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Senkusha on June 23, 2022, 06:54:50 PMIs it possible to have users toggle between the old style of SMF that showed a member's avatar with the time logged into the forum above the news feeder, and all that?

Yes, it is possible. You will have to edit the Display.template.php file for that. It will help if posted a screenshot of how you want it to look like.

Kindred

No, the OP would have to edit index.template.php.

They'd also have to add a conditional check and a new setting to store for the user record indicating the user's current choice.

Not a minor task...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Kindred on June 24, 2022, 07:00:49 AMNo, the OP would have to edit index.template.php.

They'd also have to add a conditional check and a new setting to store for the user record indicating the user's current choice.

Not a minor task...

You are right, my bad. I did not read correctly the op 's post. I missed that part about the toggling in between the 2 styles. I thought that they meant a simple general change of the postbit. 

Kindred

They're not trying to edit the post-it, they're asking to edit the forum header section
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: