Code block returning 2 no matter what I type in it

Started by JonathanMC, June 25, 2022, 02:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonathanMC

I don't know what issue this is, there's no error log so I can't tell what's causing the issue.

Everytime I type something in a code block, no matter what I type, it returns "2". Basically, if I type this:
hi
It will return this:-
And you can elongate "hi" to a huge paragraph as well, and it just returns that. This problem wasn't there a while ago, and just popped up out of NOWHERE yesterday. Looking for help, and I don't know what board to post this in, I'm guessing this is the right board. Please move it if it's not the right board. Thanks.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What version are you on exactly, and what modifications have you got installed?
Might also be useful to know any details you can share on your hosting, such as what php version you are on.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

JonathanMC

I'm using SMF 2.1.2. I have these mods installed:-

1    Discord Web Hooks    2.0.1    
2    Members Online Today    1.0    
3    SMF Gallery Lite    7.1    
4    Yet Another Spoiler Mod    1.2    
5    EzPortal    5.5a    
6    Team Page    5.3.5    
7    Discord Who's Online    1.0.1

PHP Version... I don't know what you're referring to but I'm guess it's this?

API: 20190902
Apache 2.0 Handler
Linux 3.12.18-clouder0 SMP PREEMPT x86_64

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: JonathanMC on June 25, 2022, 06:44:32 AMI'm using SMF 2.1.2. I have these mods installed:-

Can you try to disable/uninstall all mods and see if it will happen again? Or you can install a fresh test forum and see if the issue will ocurr there too. That is to rule out third party mods as being the culprit.

Quote from: JonathanMC on June 25, 2022, 06:44:32 AMPHP Version... I don't know what you're referring to

You can see the php version at your Admin Panel->Server Settings->PHP Info.

Illori

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on June 25, 2022, 07:04:06 AMYou can see the php version at your Admin Panel->Server Settings->PHP Info.

you can also get it from admin -> main -> support and credits.

for example on one of my test forums it gives this

QuoteVersion Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.1.2 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 2.1.2
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
MySQL engine: MariaDB
MySQL version: 10.4.10-MariaDB
SMF file based caching: 2.1.2
SQLite3 database based caching: 3.28.0
PHP: 7.3.12 (more detailed)
Server version: Apache/2.4.41 (Win64) PHP/7.3.12

Steve

Quote from: Illori on June 25, 2022, 09:00:44 AMyou can also get it from admin -> main -> support and credits
I'll be dipped. I learn something new everyday.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Not an smf bug...    almost certainly due to another bbc mod screwing up the code bbc....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: