News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post approval

Started by sirfpsycho, July 16, 2022, 01:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Kindred

Yes. There will be issues.

Delete one of them
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sirfpsycho

I have deleted Starter group. Now newbie group shows only one member. How to fix?

Arantor

Run the file attached to this post: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?msg=3633527

fix_pgrp.php is a script I wrote to force all post count group members to be re-evaluated.

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Arantor on July 18, 2022, 11:07:39 AMRun the file attached to this post: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?msg=3633527

fix_pgrp.php is a script I wrote to force all post count group members to be re-evaluated.
yes it fixed the issue. Now should I delete fix_pgrp.php from my server? Will it cause any security issue?

Arantor

You should delete it.

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Arantor on July 18, 2022, 11:14:22 AMYou should delete it.
Thank you for your help.
Now I want to set if users have below 5 posts then their posts will go to pending approval. I have already created a group which require 5 posts. but I don't know how to turn ON the permission that requires approval for post for below 5 posts?

Arantor

Go back to my guide, that was written for 2.0 but the only difference is how to ensure post moderation is actually turned on, which if I remember rightly is from the Permissions > Post Moderation page in 2.1 (rather than Core Features in 2.0)

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Arantor on July 18, 2022, 11:30:51 AMGo back to my guide, that was written for 2.0 but the only difference is how to ensure post moderation is actually turned on, which if I remember rightly is from the Permissions > Post Moderation page in 2.1 (rather than Core Features in 2.0)
I can not find where should I put 5 post limit?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: sirfpsycho on July 18, 2022, 11:35:59 AMI can not find where should I put 5 post limit?
You don't specify a limit, you use the post count group permissions and the post count limits in those groups define when permissions change.

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 16, 2022, 02:35:09 AMUnless using deny -permissions, if you want to deny a permission from a user you need to make sure they don't belong to any group allowing that permission, and every user always belongs to at least 2 groups. For a new member, those are the lowest post count group and the regular members group.

So don't allow posting without approval for either of those, and to make sure others don't need approval you would then allow posting without approval for all other post count groups, which would cover the rest of the userbase.

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

Please read my notes again.

You create a new post count group, at 5 posts, and give them different permissions. That way, people in the 0+ post count group only get "post with approval" and people in the 5+ group only get "post without approval".

The trick is ensuring that there isn't some accidental overlap where "regular members" or some other group *also* gives out the "post without approval" permission.

If you want a different number to 5, create the new post count group with a different number of posts as its minimum.

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Arantor on July 18, 2022, 11:39:52 AMPlease read my notes again.

You create a new post count group, at 5 posts, and give them different permissions. That way, people in the 0+ post count group only get "post with approval" and people in the 5+ group only get "post without approval".

The trick is ensuring that there isn't some accidental overlap where "regular members" or some other group *also* gives out the "post without approval" permission.

If you want a different number to 5, create the new post count group with a different number of posts as its minimum.
Thank you I got it.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: