News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Updating the SMF version I have (from 2.0.19 to 2.1.2)

Started by Tazzo, August 03, 2022, 10:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazzo

Hi There,

I'm trying to update the SMF version I have (from 2.0.19 to 2.1.2) but I'm having a bit of trouble. Admittedly as an oldie I'm not as technically with-it as I could be.

I downloaded the 2.1.2 upgrade .zip - expanded it on my PC, then uploaded in into the Packages directory, in a folder of its own, using the suggested name 'shout' as in the instructions. It says the Package Browser will then discover this update - but unfortunately the Package Browser does not find it. I've been trying different things for hours.

The board is at hxxp:bsch.org.uk/bschchat [nonactive]

The PHP version is 7.3

I'm not sure how to proceed and wondered if anyone might have a suggestion or have encountered similar difficulty and solved it.

Best wishes, Tom

Dzonny

Hello there Tom.

Firstly, make sure you have a backup of all forum files and database as well, just to be sure!

Than, download large upgrade pack, as you did, and extract it in SMF root, so it should overwrite all files, and should be placed where settings.php file is.
Then proceed with upgrade process by running upgrade.php file through the browser.

Please see more info at Upgrading SMF documentation.

Kindred

in short, the upgrade of a major version release can not be done through the package manager. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: