News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Automatic filter to delete posts to recycle bin

Started by RichardAD, August 28, 2022, 11:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardAD

Hello fellow SMFers,

I have a forum that has one board open to non-accounts for posting 'thank yous'.  Of course, a variety of bots have found the board and post some unwanted messages. Things like buy my cryptocurrency or click for these images, etc.

I would like to automatically recycle bin posts based on filters that check Subject or Message content. 

I am using 2.0.15 and not found any setting or admin feature for doing these actions.  Am I missing something? Is there a mod that adds this feature?

At present all posts are moderated and require release before appearing, but I would like to reduce the work of the moderators.

Thanks

Steve

You do realize you're 4 versions behind in the 2.0 series, right? You're missing quite a number of essential security improvements.

I can't think of any way to do what you want other by using a mod. You can request one here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=79.0

Be sure to put [FREE] or [PAID] at the start of the topic title. You can even ask if there is one already that I couldn't find.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: