News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

NameX

Started by Diego Andrés, August 05, 2022, 11:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

Remove it from Themes/default/Display.template.php

', !empty($message['counter']) ? '<span class="page_number floatright">#' . $message['counter'] . '</span>' : '', '

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Steve

@rezz - please use English if possible. Thanks.

I've already run your post through a translator so no need to post what you said.
DO NOT pm me for support!

rezz

Quote from: Steve on December 26, 2022, 07:15:01 AM@rezz - please use English if possible. Thanks.

I've already run your post through a translator so no need to post what you said.

Ben türküm neden ingilizce konuşmamı istiyorsunuz (: Paylaşımınız global - özelden sizin dilinizi konuşabilirim

Diego Andrés

Other languages are allowed in themes and mods support topics if the author speaks it, I do not know Turkish so please use English.

fave

as requested here: Click!

2 questions, the whole name (bookmarks) in topic view
and the missing icon in the main menu.

btw great theme, only struggeling with multiple mods on colours because dark and light settings

Diego Andrés

I added a new file with the updated icon.
Replace the new file from css/custom/icons.css and it should fix your issue.
That's the only bit of issue for the theme part?

Afaik the mod does not put text next to the icon.
You can add it by editing Sources/Class-MessageBookmarks.php

Code (Search) Select
$buttons = array(
'mb_add' => array(
'label' => $add_label,
'javascript' => ' title="' . $txt['mb_add_bookmark'] . '"',
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=mb;sa=add;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . ';msg=' . $output['id'],
'show' => empty($message['bookmark_id'])
),
'mb_remove' => array(
'label' => $del_label,
'javascript' => ' title="' . $txt['mb_remove_bookmark'] . '"',
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=mb;sa=del;item=' . $message['bookmark_id'] . ';' . $context['session_var'] . '=' . $context['session_id'],
'show' => !empty($message['bookmark_id'])
)
);
Code (Replace) Select
$buttons = array(
'mb_add' => array(
'label' => $add_label . ' ' . $txt['mb_add_bookmark'],
'javascript' => ' title="' . $txt['mb_add_bookmark'] . '"',
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=mb;sa=add;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . ';msg=' . $output['id'],
'show' => empty($message['bookmark_id'])
),
'mb_remove' => array(
'label' => $del_label . ' ' . $txt['mb_remove_bookmark'],
'javascript' => ' title="' . $txt['mb_remove_bookmark'] . '"',
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=mb;sa=del;item=' . $message['bookmark_id'] . ';' . $context['session_var'] . '=' . $context['session_id'],
'show' => !empty($message['bookmark_id'])
)
);

fave

very small changes but makes it so much better!
thanks for looking in and come up with the changes, I wish I was better in this.

The only thing what I don't really like is how the sub boards are displayed, I think it should be shift to the right so it's really a child of the main board to start with.
 You cannot view this attachment.

bayonetbrant

This looks pretty cool, and we might end up switching to this theme in our upcoming forum update, if we can't get our other theme updated to be 2.1.x compatible  8)

A question on the footer...  we currently have some FA icons that link to associated places off-site

Does this theme have the ability to replicate that?

Also, how granular can you make the different background color options?  Asking b/c we have a specific shade of green in our logo that we re-use in a lot of places and it would be nice to coordinate the forums with that, too.

Diego Andrés

The theme already has an option for social networks. I added some social links to the demo so they are now visible there.
Currently it does not have a steam field.

It has theme variants so you can just use the green variant and disable color selection.
Additionally, you can tweak colors in the theme_colors file to adjust your prefered HSL, or choose a slightly different green. Though this can be a bit tricky and definitely requires a bit of CSS knowledge.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Diego Andrés on January 22, 2023, 03:16:23 PMThe theme already has an option for social networks. I added some social links to the demo so they are now visible there.
Currently it does not have a steam field.
I hadn't installed on our QA server before asking.  I'm playing w/ it now :)

While there's no Steam field, is there an option to self-define a field and then apply the icon / link manually?

Quote from: Diego Andrés on January 22, 2023, 03:16:23 PMIt has theme variants so you can just use the green variant and disable color selection.
I've played w/ that, I'm not sure that's quite what I'm after.  It certainly is easy for someone who is OK w/ that color, though!

Quote from: Diego Andrés on January 22, 2023, 03:16:23 PMAdditionally, you can tweak colors in the theme_colors file to adjust your prefered HSL, or choose a slightly different green. Though this can be a bit tricky and definitely requires a bit of CSS knowledge.

So I have some rudimentary CSS knowledge, but it's mostly around typography, and not much else.

The color we're working with is HSL 108/16.9/54.7
if there's a way to use that as the accent color overlaid on the dark theme, similar to the blue in the attached shot, that would great.

What I didn't see was an obvious place to put it in the files, but I was likely looking in the wrong place.

I haven't yet changed out the logo, but I know how to do that one :)

Fuller context:
We're coming up on some necessary upgrades to our forums, which are 4-1/2 years old.  Rather than just continuing to apply duct-tape to old code, I'm fine with upgrading everything we can to the latest SMF build and replace those mods/themes that are now out of date.
We're fortunate that we have a clone of our forums to use as a QA server, so I want to get everything as "set" as I can before I ask some of the forum members to poke around the 'new' version of the site for feedback.
What that means is that I've got a target look-&-feel I'm aiming for that's not 100% recreating the old site, but can't also be 100% new, either.

Thanks for indulging some off-the-wall questions :)

Diego Andrés

I'll see about adding Steam, it has to be added manually.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 22, 2023, 03:53:49 PMif there's a way to use that as the accent color overlaid on the dark theme, similar to the blue in the attached shot, that would great.

Well there's no 'direct' way of doing it per say, mostly is just the hue that is defined for each color. Green variant is currently using 115, so you'd just change it to 108 in the variants.css file, specifically for the green variant.
But the rest of the colors would definitely need to be tweaked individually by trial and error, or using the inspector tool in the browser.

bayonetbrant

thanks. I'm playing around with it some now.  I'm not 100% sure we're upgrading to where we would have to put htis theme in place, but it's a very nice-looking one if we get to that point.

jsx

Diego, I'm wondering if it's easy to set the social media buttons to appear in the top right of the theme. What do you think about it?

I think the social media buttons will be more visible at the top, but I also want to keep the social media buttons at the bottom.

Diego Andrés

jsx

I think the place I showed in the screenshot is appropriate:

And if you are planning to add a Steam button, I saw a request to add this button, it would look like this:

hottakes

First of all, congrats. This is one of the best looking SMF themes.

Couple of questions:
1. What is the "hamburger" menu button supposed to do? It does nothing here.
2. Is it possible to have a dark background for the text entry field when dark mode is enabled?

The main thing that I don't like are all the different font styles. Like, if you just open a topic you see text elements with 7 or so different font sizes, colors, weights, italics... it's too much and it looks amateurish. I remember reading some graphic design guidelines that said you shouldn't have too many different fonts or text styles and now I see why.
And the same for some other graphic elements, like the "Go Down" button and the page number button have a different size/style/alignment, it looks a bit weird.

But to be fair, this is not just a problem with this theme, it's a problem with SMF in general, including the default theme.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: jsx on January 25, 2023, 06:32:22 AMI think the place I showed in the screenshot is appropriate:

And if you are planning to add a Steam button, I saw a request to add this button, it would look like this:

It might be there already, I don't remember if I attached a new package but the changes are on GitHub.
I'm still adding a few more thinking LinkedIn, and perhaps something else.
For the socials on top I'll provide you some instructions soon.

Quote from: hottakes on January 30, 2023, 04:52:56 PMCouple of questions:
1. What is the "hamburger" menu button supposed to do? It does nothing here.
2. Is it possible to have a dark background for the text entry field when dark mode is enabled?

Could you attach screenshots so I understand the context of your questions?
The hamburger menu should do whatever SMF is doing, I don't recall "adding" anything extra. Is this a bug with the theme?

I'll look into your font comments. However this is indeed pretty much a curve variation, would be great to have it into consideration for SMF itself.

hottakes

If dark mode (the moon icon) is enabled for the theme, the reply text field background is still white. Unless "source view" is enabled for the reply, then the background is dark.

The "hamburger menu" (three horizontal stripes icon) seems to be a JS toggle button, but it doesn't do anything. I don't see it in most SMF themes.

jsx

Quote from: Diego Andrés on January 30, 2023, 05:13:22 PMFor the socials on top I'll provide you some instructions soon.

Great, then I'm waiting. :)

Diego Andrés

Quote from: hottakes on January 31, 2023, 03:42:07 AMIf dark mode (the moon icon) is enabled for the theme, the reply text field background is still white. Unless "source view" is enabled for the reply, then the background is dark.

This is not doable at this time, it is an SMF/sceditor limitation where it only allows to load a single css file.
I could load any file I wanted, but styles are split in multiple files, including variants and dark.
I will log it on GitHub and perhaps it could be looked into in the future.

Advertisement: