News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

NameX

Started by Diego Andrés, August 05, 2022, 11:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

Quote from: user58389239 on May 30, 2023, 06:47:08 PMIs the sceditor-popup controlled by the NameX theme or is that a default thing?

On our old theme, when you clicked "More" for more Smileys/Emojis, it would open a new window. In the new theme, it opens a modal, and confusingly the "Close" button isn't visible, so I'm not sure a user would know how to get out of it. (You have to scroll down in the modal to see the close button).

Can you tell me either 1) Can I make it a pop-up instead of a Modal and/or 2) Can I move the "Close" button to the top?

I've attached a couple screenshots to show what I'm referring to

I hate it so much I sent a PR in an attempt to fix it:
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/pull/7762

If you want to test it with the default theme and NameX it would be helpful.
You can see the edits here: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/pull/7762/files

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

user58389239

Wow, that's awesome! I will test out your changes on our dev site.

user58389239

Diego,
I changed one of the theme toggles to a custom one of my own name. When I copied my theme from dev to production, for some reason I'm getting this error in the error log. Do you have any idea what might be causing it? I must have not copied over some reference to my custom toggle:

/home/..../Themes/NameX_v1.2.2/index.template.php (Line 345)

2: Undefined array key "variant_custom"

Diego Andrés

That would be a text string missing, did you remember do add it?

user58389239

Yep you were right ...issued that on prod. Fixed now!

user58389239

Two questions on this theme as I've begun using it more on production:

1. I noticed there is very little difference for Bold in the body copy. See the screenshot attached below. Is there a recommendation to get Bold to look more...well...Bold?

2. This is fairly niche, but when replying to a PM, notice that the PM you are replying to is missing any sort of padding. What code would improve this? See screenshot PM-Reply-Padding.

Diego Andrés

I'll have a look later this week.
They do seem like general issues so I might include them in next week update if that's the case.

Diego Andrés

This would improve #1
strong, b  {
font-weight: 900;
}

This will work for #2
#personal_messages #postmodify ~ div.windowbg {
padding: 15px;
}

Will be included in the new package next week.

Diego Andrés

1.2.3 - 10 June 2023
  • Improvement SMF 2.1.4 patch updates.
  • Bug Fix Fixed local font face.

user58389239

You rock, thanks Diego!

Dave J

For those who have the 'Downloads' and 'SMFQuiz' mod the file to edit for the fa-icons is as follows:

all.min.css

find

.fa-forumbee:before{content:"\f211"}
add after

.fa-downloads:before {content: "\f019"}.fa-SMFQuiz:before {content: "\f059"}

if you only want one or the other then remove what you don't want.

If you need to add another icon to the menu for another mod find the icon you want at https://fontawesome.com/icons then change the {content: "\f059"} to the name/number for the icon.

Remember to replace the 'SMFQuiz' with the name of the mod your adding the icon for.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Dave J

There is also an error with the page layout on the hooks pages Diego.

If you look at the attached you'll see that the right side of the hooks window expands past the main content section
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Dave J on June 18, 2023, 09:06:16 AMThere is also an error with the page layout on the hooks pages Diego.

If you look at the attached you'll see that the right side of the hooks window expands past the main content section

Cannot reproduce, probably caused by some other mod, likely a portal.

Dave J

Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 18, 2023, 01:04:28 PM
Quote from: Dave J on June 18, 2023, 09:06:16 AMThere is also an error with the page layout on the hooks pages Diego.

Cannot reproduce, probably caused by some other mod, likely a portal.
Thanks Diego

I'll check itbout tomorrow

Dave J

I have now installed a fresh 2.1.4 site. I added this theme to it. There are no packages installed. No post except the standard SMF welcome post.

Site info is

PHP Version 7.4.33

You cannot view this attachment.

In the 'clean install 2.1.4.png' image you can again see the over run.

This also happens in Admin>Maintenance>Server Settings>PHP Info, see attached image for that too.

As I had to install SMF from scratch your account login at the testing site is now gone. If you want to have a look for yourself let me know so I can set you up with an admin account again.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Can confirm the above by the way, it's just a giant <table>.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

At @Ninja ZX-10RR:

[offtopic]Ninja! How are you dude? Haven't seen you in ages![/offtopic]
DO NOT pm me for support!

Diego Andrés

Tested on a new forum and still don't see any issue, would maybe need some more details like resolution.
It could be a similar issue to this: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/issues/7278

You could do this also:
table#list_integration_hooks td:is(.function_name, .file_name),
table#Apache_Environment td:last-child {
word-break: break-all;
}

Dave J

Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 19, 2023, 08:08:47 PMTested on a new forum and still don't see any issue, would maybe need some more details like resolution.
It could be a similar issue to this: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/issues/7278

You could do this also:
table#list_integration_hooks td:is(.function_name, .file_name),
}

I've just checked this on my tablet and it still does it.

I'm going to PM you with log in details for the test site so you can see for yourself

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 19, 2023, 08:08:47 PMtable#list_integration_hooks td:is(.function_name, .file_name),
}

This fixed it on your test site.
You can add it to NameX/css/custom/custom_edits.css.

I'll submit a PR on Github for SMF itself.

Advertisement: