News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrade to 2.1.2. from 2.0.19 - Any database changes?

Started by bobbbruce, August 07, 2022, 06:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbbruce

I am planning an upgrade of my forum to 2.1.2. from 2.0.19. Are there any databases changes that would prevent me from restoring a databse backup of 2.0.19 to a fresh 2.1.2. database - in the event I encounter problems with the Large Upgrade?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: bobbbruce on August 07, 2022, 06:18:42 AMI am planning an upgrade of my forum to 2.1.2. from 2.0.19. Are there any databases changes that would prevent me from restoring a databse backup of 2.0.19 to a fresh 2.1.2. database - in the event I encounter problems with the Large Upgrade?

Yes, there are a lot of database changes between the 2.0.x and 2.1.x versions.

However, there should not be any problem at all with the restoration of the database backup made prior to the upgrade, if things will not go as planned and you will need to revert back. All you have to do is restore the database that you made before the upgrade and reupload the 2.0.19 files too.

Remember that such a large upgrade can be performed manually only and not through the Package Manager. The below link contains all the necessary info on how to upgrade the forum manually.

Upgrading SMF

Hope it helps. Please let us know if you will have any additional questions.

bobbbruce

CurtisS

Quote from: bobbbruce on August 07, 2022, 06:51:21 AMThanks for the fast response.
Hi Bob, I am looking to perform the same upgrade. How did your 2.0.19 to 2.1.2 go?
Thanks.
CurtisS

Sir Osis of Liver

Upgrade is pretty straightforward, just make sure current language is english, and backup 2.0.19 database and files before you start.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: