News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Problem with sendmail

Started by baldur2630, August 06, 2022, 12:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldur2630

I have a sendmail server setup on the same Linux box as my forums.

Mail from the forum no longer arrives at it's destination. To test I'm sending mail from the forum to my protonmail address.

If I go into the command line and send mail or webmin, it works.

From SMF it doesn't arrive at the my protonmail account. Ergo, there is a misconfiguration on the Forum side (I think).

I've tried php, (but I have no idea if it's setup properly). I tried SMTP. but would  the server be localhost or what.

Any help would be appreciated and I'm not a Linux guru nor a php guru, so keep it simple please.

baldur2630

Doesn't anyone here know anything about how SMF interacts with sendmail?

Kindred

no clue....

but I can tell you that the phpmail option requires phpmail to be installed and allowed within the php configuration.

the smtp configuration depends a bit on the smtp server you are using (for example, I know that gmail requires some different and specific settings as opposed to some other smtp servers)

IIRC, sendmail is a 3rd party system ---    so you would have to get the configuration on how to set up sendmail to be your smtp reciever - since I'm pretty sure it WON'T work with the internal phpmail.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

baldur2630

I don't want it to receive.

Sendmail is setup EXACTLY as it was when the forum as running on CentOs 7, but as soon as I moved it, despite everything being identical (I copied files across). it works if I send mail from the command line or webmin, but NOT from SMF. the only other change I made was to update from 2.0.18 to 2.0.19, but I don't think that's the problem.

Advertisement: