critical error

Started by sarahrok, August 10, 2022, 02:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahrok

why when i tried to install simple machines forum I get this error?

The installer could not find any install script files for the detected databases. Please check you have uploaded the necessary install script files to your forum directory, for example "install_2-1_mysql.sql"

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: sarahrok on August 10, 2022, 02:53:30 PMwhy when i tried to install simple machines forum I get this error?

The installer could not find any install script files for the detected databases. Please check you have uploaded the necessary install script files to your forum directory, for example "install_2-1_mysql.sql"

Where do you want to install your forum? In the root domain, some folder or subdomain? And how are you trying to install it? Please see the following link and make sure that you follow all the steps mentioned there:

Installing SMF

I see that you have marked your topic as solved. I marked it as unsolved so it can receive attention. Or did you figure out the issue? If you did, please feel free to mark it as solved again.

SleePy

Redownload the install files and upload them again.  This should resolve it.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Steve

As the OP has been here after Sleepy's post but didn't respond, I'm marking this solved.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: