Dark Caramel

Started by TwitchisMental, August 22, 2022, 10:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

Link to the theme

Dark Caramel
A warm responsive Dark Caramel Latte feeling theme.

Features :
Responsive Design
Info Center Remixed
Social Media Section ( Add links to your favorite social networks right to the sidebar)
Font Awesome Icons
Remixed Breadcrumb

License :

Font Awesome License - https://fontawesome.com/license/free

SMF Version :

Patch Notes :
1.0 : Initial Release
1.0.1 : Fixed display issues with the sidebar.
1.0.2 :
Update: Updated for SMF 2.1.3
Adjustment: Adjusted the breadcrumb so the arrows are even.

1.0.3:
Updated for SMF 2.1.4 and the Attachment UI changes.
New Feature: Added the split sticky topic and normal topic sections trick.
Adjustment: Adjusted the calendar section of the info center to align with everything else.
Adjustment: Adjusted the background colors for various moderation specific styles.
Adjustment: Adjusted the background color for the news slide section.

Steve

I'm really happy this got approved. Now to run it through it's paces.  :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Steve

Drat! It's not going to work for me with the Info Center in a right sidebar. Any easy way to move it to the bottom?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on August 23, 2022, 11:26:41 AMDrat! It's not going to work for me with the Info Center in a right sidebar. Any easy way to move it to the bottom?

Open Index.CSS and Find Line : 4193

.row {
  display: flex;
  flex-direction: row;
  flex-wrap: nowrap;
}

change the direction to column.

Steve

Perfect! Thanks my friend!

mickjav

Just installed It's A nice theme and should suit my forum theme but there's always a but lol.

Noticed this with the width set to 90% using Forum Width Setting Mod but even at 99% it still seems left aligned??

You cannot view this attachment.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: mickjav on August 28, 2022, 12:46:51 PMJust installed It's A nice theme and should suit my forum theme but there's always a but lol.

Noticed this with the width set to 90% using Forum Width Setting Mod but even at 99% it still seems left aligned??

That would be because that mod is not going to be compatible. It assumes that the structure is the same as the default theme, in this case it is not.

If you would like to change the width for the main wrapper/container. You will need to open index.css and find line 1179.

#top_section .inner_wrap, #wrapper, #footer .inner_wrap {
  max-width: 1600px;
  margin: 0 auto;
  width: 90%;
}

Change the max-width: 1600px; to the preferred width.

Edit: You will need to change width: 90% to 100% if you want it bigger than 1700px wide.

mickjav

Quote from: TwitchisMental on August 28, 2022, 01:02:55 PM
Quote from: mickjav on August 28, 2022, 12:46:51 PMJust installed It's A nice theme and should suit my forum theme but there's always a but lol.

That would be because that mod is not going to be compatible. It assumes that the structure is the same as the default theme, in this case it is not.

If you would like the change the width for the main wrapper/container. You will need to open index.css and find line 1179.

#top_section .inner_wrap, #wrapper, #footer .inner_wrap {
  max-width: 1600px;
  margin: 0 auto;
  width: 90%;
}

Change the max-width: 1600px; to the preferred width.

Edit: You will need to change width: 90% to 100% if you want it bigger than 1700px wide.

Thanks Will look into it.

Steve

Found a minor issue ... when the Thank mod by GL700Wing is installed (https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4266) the like and thank links don't align:

They align perfectly on all other themes I have so is this a theme issue or should I post this in the mod's topic?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 05, 2022, 07:08:45 AMFound a minor issue ... when the Thank mod by GL700Wing is installed (https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4266) the like and thank links don't align:

They align perfectly on all other themes I have so is this a theme issue or should I post this in the mod's topic?
How did you even get the mod installed? Seems to be for 2.0 and using the emulation option gives several errors.

I do see the issue on your site.

A quick fix would be throwing this at the bottom of the index.css -

.smfthankbutton {
  margin-top: 4px;
}

Steve

It installed with no errors and I don't believe I used any emulation.

And thanks for the fix. It worked perfectly. :)

Edit: just realized I gave you the wrong url for the mod: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4333

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 05, 2022, 06:07:09 PMIt installed with no errors and I don't believe I used any emulation.

And thanks for the fix. It worked perfectly. :)

Edit: just realized I gave you the wrong url for the mod: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4333
That would explain things :P. I will install this later and see if I can find the cause. It should just be falling in line.

Steve

TwitchisMental

New Version Released

1.0.1 :
Fixed display issues with the sidebar.

Steve

Thanks for all your work, Twitch.  :)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on October 18, 2022, 04:07:44 PMThanks for all your work, Twitch.  :)
You're welcome. I enjoy doing this :) .

TwitchisMental

New Version Uploaded :

1.0.2 :
Update: Updated for SMF 2.1.3
Adjustment: Adjusted the breadcrumb so the arrows are even.

Steve

Any chance you could post the change you made for the breadcrumbs so I don't undo the slight color changes I made?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on December 04, 2022, 06:50:31 AMAny chance you could post the change you made for the breadcrumbs so I don't undo the slight color changes I made?
I made all the changes css only like in the updated tutorial.

So you would need to go into index.template.php and change the navigation section back

from

<div class="breadcrumb_holder">
<ul class="breadcrumb">';

to

<div class="navigate_section">
<ul>';

You would then need to follow the tips and tricks tutorial -

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=580159.0

After that I had to mess with the ::Before & ::after classes a bit.

.navigate_section ul li:before
I changed the right to 1.15em;

.navigate_section ul li:after
I changed the right to -0.9em;

Steve

That's a little more than I want to take on and the breadcrumbs look good enough to me as they are.

Thanks for the update Twitch.  :)

Advertisement: