News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

apache virtualhost not redirecting to smf

Started by dsanchez, August 27, 2022, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Installed SMF forums on my Ubuntu server hosted on DigitalOcean in directory /var/www/html/smf

Added the below code in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf expecting that my domain would correctly read the above folder...

<br>&lt;VirtualHost *:80&gt;&nbsp; <br>ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost&nbsp; <br>DocumentRoot /var/www/html<br>&lt;/VirtualHost&gt;<br><br>&lt;VirtualHost *:80&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; <br>DocumentRoot /var/www/html/smf&nbsp; &nbsp; <br>ServerName mysite.com&nbsp; &nbsp; <br>ServerAlias *.mysite.com<br>&lt;/VirtualHost&gt;<br>

as this did not work, I went and added the file mysite.com.conf to the directory /etc/apache2/sites-available

however, when I follow these instructions https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-the-apache-web-server-on-ubuntu-18-04 and run sudo apache2ctl configtest I get:

AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/etc/apache2/var/www/html] does not existAH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server&#39;s fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the &#39;ServerName&#39; directive globally to suppress this messageSyntax OK

Why am I getting a warning of a document root on etc/apache2? the var directory is at the same level as etc/

When trying to open the site, it shows HTTP ERROR 500

etiennetmlp

me to im blocked in same thinks for my forum about hxxp:tire-lbouchon.fr/produit/de-gaulle-tire-bouchon [nonactive]

when I follow these instructions hxxp:www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-the-apache-web-server-on-ubuntu-18-04 [nonactive]

I have same problem ...

mgcAna

This is old topic but would be nice if you share your data with

Also, check do you see your site config under

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

Advertisement: