apache virtualhost not redirecting to smf

Started by dsanchez, August 27, 2022, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Installed SMF forums on my Ubuntu server hosted on DigitalOcean in directory /var/www/html/smf

Added the below code in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf expecting that my domain would correctly read the above folder...

<br>&lt;VirtualHost *:80&gt;&nbsp; <br>ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost&nbsp; <br>DocumentRoot /var/www/html<br>&lt;/VirtualHost&gt;<br><br>&lt;VirtualHost *:80&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; <br>DocumentRoot /var/www/html/smf&nbsp; &nbsp; <br>ServerName mysite.com&nbsp; &nbsp; <br>ServerAlias *.mysite.com<br>&lt;/VirtualHost&gt;<br>

as this did not work, I went and added the file mysite.com.conf to the directory /etc/apache2/sites-available

however, when I follow these instructions https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-the-apache-web-server-on-ubuntu-18-04 and run sudo apache2ctl configtest I get:

AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/etc/apache2/var/www/html] does not existAH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server&#39;s fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the &#39;ServerName&#39; directive globally to suppress this messageSyntax OK

Why am I getting a warning of a document root on etc/apache2? the var directory is at the same level as etc/

When trying to open the site, it shows HTTP ERROR 500

etiennetmlp

me to im blocked in same thinks for my forum about hxxp:tire-lbouchon.fr/produit/de-gaulle-tire-bouchon [nonactive]

when I follow these instructions hxxp:www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-the-apache-web-server-on-ubuntu-18-04 [nonactive]

I have same problem ...

mgcAna

This is old topic but would be nice if you share your data with

Also, check do you see your site config under

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

Advertisement: