News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Automatic filter to delete posts to recycle bin

Started by RichardAD, August 28, 2022, 11:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardAD

Hello fellow SMFers,

I have a forum that has one board open to non-accounts for posting 'thank yous'.  Of course, a variety of bots have found the board and post some unwanted messages. Things like buy my cryptocurrency or click for these images, etc.

I would like to automatically recycle bin posts based on filters that check Subject or Message content. 

I am using 2.0.15 and not found any setting or admin feature for doing these actions.  Am I missing something? Is there a mod that adds this feature?

At present all posts are moderated and require release before appearing, but I would like to reduce the work of the moderators.

Thanks

Steve

You do realize you're 4 versions behind in the 2.0 series, right? You're missing quite a number of essential security improvements.

I can't think of any way to do what you want other by using a mod. You can request one here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=79.0

Be sure to put [FREE] or [PAID] at the start of the topic title. You can even ask if there is one already that I couldn't find.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: