News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Hextech

Started by TwitchisMental, September 07, 2022, 05:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Cool beans. I have a couple of other minor issues but I'll give you a break for awhile lol.
DO NOT pm me for support!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 10, 2022, 01:40:28 PMCool beans. I have a couple of other minor issues but I'll give you a break for awhile lol.
No problem.

If you are having other issues, please feel free to report them.

Steve

Okay, you asked for it ...  :laugh:

First, a question  ... no search box on the main index page? That's not a problem, just takes a little getting used to.  :)

Secondly, in the topic list, the message icons are pushed up against the left border. How can one get rid of this:

You cannot view this attachment.

And then center the message icons?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 10, 2022, 01:55:44 PMOkay, you asked for it ...  :laugh:

First, a question  ... no search box on the main index page? That's not a problem, just takes a little getting used to.  :)

Secondly, in the topic list, the message icons are pushed up against the left border. How can one get rid of this:

And then center the message icons?
Answer to your question : Yeah honestly I do not find that as needed. Especially when you have a search button in the main menu. 

2nd: Ahhhhh okay. I see where mistakes were made.

Open index.css

Find Line 3150 -

.board_icon {
    text-align: center;
    padding: 8px 4px 0px 4px;
}

Replace with -

.board_icon {
    text-align: center;
    padding: 8px 4px 0px 4px;
    width: 60px;
}

Steve

Okay, that fixes the message icon problem. But what about the icon shown by the arrow in my last image? Can that be gotten rid of since it doesn't seem to do anything?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 10, 2022, 02:44:42 PMOkay, that fixes the message icon problem. But what about the icon shown by the arrow in my last image? Can that be gotten rid of since it doesn't seem to do anything?
Do you mean the little user icon? The one that is shown when you have posted in the topic? (The one the red arrow is pointing at).

If so, a simple template edit would be needed.

Steve

That's the one I mean all right.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 10, 2022, 03:09:15 PMThat's the one I mean all right.
You will need to make a copy of the messageindex.index.php from the default and put it in the hextech folder.

Go to line 182

Delete
', $topic['is_posted_in'] ? '<span class="main_icons profile_sm"></span>' : '', '

Steve

I had to do a search for it in MessageIndex.template.php because it wasn't on that line. I found it though and it works perfectly! (I may have made changes to my template so that's probably why the difference.)

Thanks for everything Twitch.  ;D

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 10, 2022, 03:38:29 PMI had to do a search for it in MessageIndex.template.php because it wasn't on that line. I found it though and it works perfectly! (I may have made changes to my template so that's probably why the difference.)

Thanks for everything Twitch.  ;D

Awesome, glad you got it how you want it :).

Thank you for your help aswell :).

Steve

Any time my friend.  :)

seekier

The theme is awesome, beautiful design and the colour is great but there is still work to be done to be fully responsive on mobile

Issues: it fails to fully display pagenation notification when you click any of the top left images above, e.g profile, Inbox and notification.

See the attachment bellow

I will gladly give 5⭐⭐⭐⭐+ if this issue is resolve.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: seekier on October 11, 2022, 08:17:27 AMThe theme is awesome, beautiful design and the colour is great but there is still work to be done to be fully responsive on mobile

Issues: it fails to fully display pagenation notification when you click any of the top left images above, e.g profile, Inbox and notification.

See the attachment bellow

I will gladly give 5⭐⭐⭐⭐+ if this issue is resolve.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Try this out for me -

Open responsive.css and go to the bottom and add this -

@media (max-width: 330px) {
#pm_menu, #alerts_menu, #profile_menu {
left: 0;
right: 0;
padding-right: 0px;
}
}

This should resolve the issue that you are reporting.

seekier

Quote from: TwitchisMental on October 11, 2022, 01:47:03 PMThank you for reporting this issue.

Try this out for me -

}
}

It is fixed.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: seekier on October 11, 2022, 02:59:58 PM
Quote from: TwitchisMental on October 11, 2022, 01:47:03 PMThank you for reporting this issue.

Try this out for me -

}
}

It is fixed.
Thank you for the confirmation. I will be uploading a fixed version for everyone soon.

TwitchisMental

New Version has been uploaded.

Fixed the reported bug above.

Adjusted the recent posts section to show less info on smaller screens.

seekier

So I have another issue to report on a large mobile screen, I have theme toggle mods install on my website so that members can toggle by themselves but the toggle is join together with "unread post" which is not supposed to be.
check the attachment below.

See Smf default theme and see what I am trying to say

TwitchisMental

Quote from: seekier on October 17, 2022, 09:03:57 PMSo I have another issue to report on a large mobile screen, I have theme toggle mods install on my website so that members can toggle by themselves but the toggle is join together with "unread post" which is not supposed to be.

This would be due to how the menu is styled. Basically the menu has filled up so the link drops down to the next line.

It is just reaching the limits due to width and such. If you enable calendar, even the default theme has this issue.

Example :

An easy way to resolve this would just be changing the resolution that would switch the main menu to mobile menu.

Open responsive.css in your favorite text editor.

Find Line 466
@media (min-width: 561px) {
Replace with

@media (min-width: 601px) {
Find Line 481
@media (max-width: 560px) {
Replace with
@media (max-width: 600px) {

seekier

Quote from: TwitchisMental on October 17, 2022, 09:40:16 PM
Quote from: seekier on October 17, 2022, 09:03:57 PMSo I have another issue to report on a large mobile screen, I have theme toggle mods install on my website so that members can toggle by themselves but the toggle is join together with "unread post" which is not supposed to be.

This would be due to how the menu is styled. Basically the menu has filled up so the link drops down to the next line.

It is just reaching the limits due to width and such. If you enable calendar, even the default theme has this issue.

Example :

An easy way to resolve this would just be changing the resolution that would switch the main menu to mobile menu.

Find Line 466
Replace with

Find Line 481
Replace with
it's like you don't get my point, I am not talking about menu been filled up here. What I am saying is that unread posts is merged together with theme toggle. Pls check carefully the dark theme attachment I shared above,  there is no space between unread posts and theme toggle, hence both are on top of each other and only one is functioning properly. everyone Should stand alone just as updated Topic stands alone

TwitchisMental

Quote from: seekier on October 17, 2022, 10:08:21 PM
Quote from: TwitchisMental on October 17, 2022, 09:40:16 PM

Example :

Find Line 466
Replace with

Find Line 481
Replace with
it's like you don't get my point, I am not talking about menu been filled up here. What I am saying is that unread posts is merged together with theme toggle. Pls check carefully the dark theme attachment I shared above,  there is no space between unread posts and theme toggle, hence both are on top of each other and only one is functioning properly. everyone Should stand alone just as updated Topic stands alone
I understand your point just fine. The issue is due to the main menu and how it works. Due to the limitation of space, that is why the theme toggle link is stacked on top of the unread post/updated topics.

I was explaining exactly why that was the case and how to resolve it.

I do not appreciate the attitude.

Advertisement: