News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrade 2.0.19 -> 2.1.2 hangs after "updating smileys"

Started by Kantis, September 10, 2022, 11:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kantis

Hi, recently tried to update my 2.0.19 forum to 2.1.2. Installer runs more or less fine (some issues with language, but after switch over to english it proceeds), but at 61% it just hangs after "updating smileys...". Or I assume it hangs because nothing happens after that for many minutes. The longest time I waited was something around maybe 5 minutes. The server was running idle, so I assumed nothings happening.

What could be wrong? How to debug this?

For some reason, I cannot run upgrade.php from command line, it doesn't accept "language=english" (the site is finnish). So I'm trying to do this from web interface.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you restart upgrade from beginning after setting language to english?

- R. Waters

Kantis

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 10, 2022, 11:42:28 PMDid you restart upgrade from beginning after setting language to english?
Hm, I don't think I did. The upgrade said something like "you want to switch over to english?" and then I just say yes and continue. One thing I noticed is that after this the page was mixed language, mostly english, but some finnish as well.

Sir Osis of Liver

If upgrader is displaying mixed languages, that's most likely your problem.  Restore the forum to 2.0.19, set the default language to english, try running upgrade again from beginning. 

- R. Waters

Kantis

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 11, 2022, 12:03:27 AMIf upgrader is displaying mixed languages, that's most likely your problem.  Restore the forum to 2.0.19, set the default language to english, try running upgrade again from beginning. 

Wow! That was it! Thanks!

Advertisement: