News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Change default cookielength/ log in time

Started by Julius_2000, September 25, 2022, 02:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius_2000

Hi there,

I was wondering how/where I can change the default log-in time (time to stay logged in) in SMF ? Currently it's set to 1 hour and I'd like to change that. Do I need to set in a specific php file or is there a menu in Admin?

Thanks in advance!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julius_2000

Hi @Kindred, thank you! The funny thing is, I did check this section after I had read in a post for an earlier version of SMF that it was supposed to be there. But for me, there was no dropdown menu visible. But last night, when I read your answer on my mobile, there it was! That made me curious.
Then I went to see what was happening via Dev Tools and there is a CSS script showing (cookie banner) I wasn't familiar with (see attachment).

Edit: Seems like it's caused by the Ghostery add-on. I just temporarily shut it off and now the options are visible. The actual culprit is the anti-advertisement option (button in the center)

Advertisement: