News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrade, move to a new server and fixing a mess

Started by microcogen.info, September 14, 2022, 02:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

microcogen.info

Hello All, first post here. I am trying to get a broken installation of this forum fixed and moved to a more reliable server. Where I'm at now is trying to get the upgrade to run (from 2.0) and I'm getting the error message:
This upgrader was unable to find the upgrader's language file or files. They should be found under:

./home2/microcog/public_html/Themes/default/languages

The problem I see here is that the system is installed in the microcog folder and there is no public_html folder. So moving forward, should I create a public_html folder and move the installation there or fix the path? If so how would the path be fixed?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

microcogen.info

Thank you for your help, site is now up and running. If I may ask another question? Somewhere back a few months ago, all of the older attachments to the site were lost. We have backups that may have them, are the attachments the files in the attachments folder? Any suggestions on how to restore them?

Kindred

Lost how?

If they were deleted from the database,  then there is no good way.
If it's just the files,  then restore the files in the attachments directory (or whatever directory you had set)

Be aware that 2.0 attachments have no extension, but 2.1 upgrades convert those to add a .dat extension
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

microcogen.info

It happened before I took things on, so I don't know how they were lost. The posts are there, links to attachments are broken.

So if the missing files are found, can they be copied over and the extension changed to .dat?

Sir Osis of Liver

If the files are just missing, you can upload them to /attachments.  If they do not have the .dat extension added to the filename hash, you can add it manually, or use the attached script.  Upload to forum root and run it with direct link.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: