Upgrade 2.0.19 to 2.1.2 Setting Repair Tool cannot find Task and Packages.

Started by Gus A, September 18, 2022, 06:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus A

Hey folks. Pretty much what the title says. Trying to upgrade and initially get:
Critical Error! The upgrade script cannot find script.js or it is out of date. Make sure your theme paths are correct. You can download a setting checker tool from the Simple Machines Website

The Setting Repair Tool showed some problematic paths that I managed to fix. Unfortunately, the Task and Packages directories still can't be found.

Have re-uploaded the large upgrade with no luck. The directories are there – I can see them!

I'm also getting this suggestion from the Upgrade Utility:

The following files need to be made writable to continue:
/forum/Themes/default/scripts/minified_deferred.js
If you have a shell account, the command below can automatically correct permissions on these files
/Doze/onta<02_/pup.ac nta./ torus/ chenes/default/scripts/ainified deferred. i: Close

Is that what I need to do?

What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance!   

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Gus A on September 18, 2022, 06:00:47 PMThe Setting Repair Tool showed some problematic paths that I managed to fix. Unfortunately, the Task and Packages directories still can't be found.

Run the repair_settings.php tool and click on the recommended values to straighten out all the paths and urls.

Gus A

Hey Doug,

I've done that and it corrected everything but the Task and Packages directories. Still saying Value not found!   

Gus A

Also, the  minimified_deferred file doesn't exist.

This is what Upgrade Utility suggested that I fix:

The following files need to be made writable to continue:
/forum/Themes/default/scripts/minified_deferred.js
If you have a shell account, the command below can automatically correct permissions on these files
/Doze/onta<02_/pup.ac nta./ torus/ chenes/default/scripts/ainified deferred. i: Close

mathx

# tar -tjvf smf_2-1-2_install.tar.bz2  | grep -c minified

# md5sum smf_2-1-2_install.tar.bz2
6d067c4a0437701c57af1d511048b0c9  smf_2-1-2_install.tar.bz2

Oh.. reading the code I see this minified stuff is generated, not part of the original package. Welp, not able to chase down where it comes from or why it's needed, need a hand here.

//admin friend for Gus

Doug Heffernan

What is the default language of your forum and/or are you using Cloudfare?

Gus A

Gus A

Admins can close this thread. Sorted it out and now dealing with other issues!

Thanks.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Gus A on September 19, 2022, 09:48:57 AMSorted it out and now dealing with other issues!

I am glad to see that you solved it, but do you mind to post the solution? It will help other users in the future who might run into the same issue.

Gus A

I'll get my friend to post what he did. It involved creating a minimified_deferred file that was missing. Not sure about the details, but will ask him to post later today.

Advertisement: