Upgrade SMF 2.1 RC3 to SMF 2.1.2 failed

Started by Recursos, October 13, 2022, 02:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recursos

Trying to upgrade from SMF 2.1 RC3 to SMF 2.1.2
But it is not working:

SMF Customization Site\Patches states:
"If there is no available version, then package manager upgrades are not possible. To upgrade you will need to use the Large Upgrade (also known as Full upgrade)."

Downloaded "smf_2-1-2_patch.tar.gz" but:

Installations actions for "SMF 2.1.2 Update"
ERROR The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Also tried with "smf_2-1-1_patch.tar.gz", same result:

Installations actions for "SMF 2.1.1 Update"
ERROR The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

What should I do?
Rec

Speed King

You need to perform Large upgrade.
Download 2.1.2 Large upgrade package, not patch.
Then upload package to your forum directory, extract files and run upgrade.php in your browser.

Illori

There is no patch to upgrade to SMF 2.1 or higher. You have to follow the instructions to upgrade.

Upgrading SMF

Kindred

Patches are always between minor versions.
Patches from major to major or RC to Release will always require the full upgrade archive.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Recursos

Quote from: Speed King on October 13, 2022, 02:46:57 PMYou need to perform Large upgrade.
Download 2.1.2 Large upgrade package, not patch.
Then upload package to your forum directory, extract files and run upgrade.php in your browser.

Thanks, that worked.

Uploading "smf_2-1-2_upgrade.zip" to Packages gave an error "Package upload failed etc."
Following the error notice advice:
" all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."
and going to package manager browse page did not work also, the package didn't show.

What worked was extracting all files to the root and executing upgrade.php.

During the upgrade process, "Step 3: Backup", created a data base backup, I think, but I cannot find it nowhere in the server.

Thanks all

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Recursos on October 14, 2022, 07:06:38 AMWhat worked was extracting all files to the root and executing upgrade.php.

As mentioned above, all majour upgrades should be done manually and not through the Package Manager.

Quote from: Recursos on October 14, 2022, 07:06:38 AMDuring the upgrade process, "Step 3: Backup", created a data base backup, I think, but I cannot find it nowhere in the server.

Those can be found in the database. They are prefaced with the backup_prefix.

Kindred

Quote from: Recursos on October 14, 2022, 07:06:38 AMWhat worked was extracting all files to the root and executing upgrade.php.

.... yes.  that is what I told you that you had to do. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Recursos

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on October 14, 2022, 08:43:32 AM
Quote from: Recursos on October 14, 2022, 07:06:38 AMDuring the upgrade process, "Step 3: Backup", created a data base backup, I think, but I cannot find it nowhere in the server.

Those can be found in the database. They are prefaced with the backup_prefix.

I had seen the "backup_..." in other data bases a few times, now I know what it means!

Doug Heffernan

I take it that your issue has been solved now. I will mark this topic as such.

Advertisement: