News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

User cannot open attached pdf in a topic.

Started by rcane, September 24, 2022, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

I'm boarding a plane and don't have my laptop to more easily look it up, but is there something obvious I should be looking for that enables a member to open an attached pdf I have in a topic?

It's a private board they're a part of.   In fact the only two in there have the same issue.

Illori

make sure they have permission to view/download attachments. it must be missing.

rcane

Quote from: Illori on September 24, 2022, 02:22:46 PMmake sure they have permission to view/download attachments. it must be missing.

well, I'm looking at their groups' permissions and the check box is there.

I checked the inherited groups too.

Illori

does that board have its own permissions profile? if so check that.

rcane

The board is just set to DEFAULT under the board permissions.

Doug Heffernan

Well if the permissions are set up correctly, then maybe a custom mod is getting in the way? Have you installed any mods that modify the attachments system?

Kindred

Wait... do you mean that the pdf downloads instead of opening?  That's a browser setting - nothing to do with smf
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rcane

Quote from: Kindred on September 27, 2022, 07:11:56 PMWait... do you mean that the pdf downloads instead of opening?  That's a browser setting - nothing to do with smf
i have to check with them on the resultant behavior.  I set my test account to their membergroup and the pdf opened in a new tab just fine.

Advertisement: