News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Cannot install mods

Started by Leo2, September 08, 2022, 06:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo2

I have upgraded to SMF 2.1.2, and all the modifications and themes disappeared.

When I try to install the mods, I got access to /Packages folder error, though properties are 755 and 777.

In the error log I have records similar to:

https://www.site.ru/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=upload
/home/user/public_html/forum/Sources/PackageGet.php (Line 684)

Tracing data

Error type: general
Error message
2: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move "/tmp/phpc0SlWt" to "/SayThanks_2.3.3.zip"

When I try to upload the mod file error is:
An error has occurred
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"The package you are trying to install cannot be located. You may want to manually upload the package to your Packages directory."
If I try to upload through the link to SMF server, the error is:
An error has occurred
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory, or one of the files in it, is not writable!

If I upload the mod file manually through ftp, the forum doesn't see it, no matter it is zip or unpacked folder in /Packages folder.

I also created /Packages/temp folder (as advised somewhere here), no effect.

Please help me to fix the problem.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Leo2 on September 08, 2022, 06:06:57 AMhttps://www.site.ru/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=upload
/home/user/public_html/forum/Sources/PackageGet.php (Line 684)

Tracing data

Error type: general
Error message
2: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move "/tmp/phpc0SlWt" to "/SayThanks_2.3.3.zip"

What are the permissions set for the Packages and temp directories?

Leo2

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on September 08, 2022, 06:20:34 AMWhat are the permissions set for the Packages and temp directories?

As I wrote, 777 (755 also didn't work)

forum is located in domain subdirectory https://www.solarhome.ru/forum/
Can it be the reason?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Leo2 on September 08, 2022, 07:41:18 AMAs I wrote, 777 (755 also didn't work)

Sorry about that. I missed that part in your previous post.

Quote from: Leo2 on September 08, 2022, 07:41:18 AMforum is located in domain subdirectory https://www.solarhome.ru/forum/ [nofollow]
Can it be the reason?

No, that should not cause that. Did you move/rename your forum btw? Like it was in the root, or some other folder, and now it is in the 'forum' folder?

Leo2

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on September 08, 2022, 08:09:04 AMNo, that should not cause that. Did you move/rename your forum btw? Like it was in the root, or some other folder, and now it is in the 'forum' folder?

No, previous version was 2.0.19 in the same place. I just applied large update.

Kindred

BTW: Yes. All mods are removed during a large upgrade, because the upgrade replaces all of the forum files.

It sounds like there is a bad configuration in the host (maybe)
I don't know why it would work in 2.0.19 and fail in 2.1.2 (to the best of my knowledge, there were not major changes to the package manager functions)

Is there a tmp and/or a temp directory in your packages folder?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Leo2

Quote from: Kindred on September 08, 2022, 08:20:11 AMIt sounds like there is a bad configuration in the host (maybe)
I don't know why it would work in 2.0.19 and fail in 2.1.2 (to the best of my knowledge, there were not major changes to the package manager functions)

Is there a tmp and/or a temp directory in your packages folder?
yes, I manually created both /forum/Packages/temp and /forum/Packages/tmp with 777 permissions, no success. I even tried to create /Packages and /tmp in domain root , and same folders in /forum/tmp and /forum/temp.

Themes can be installed, no problem.
I asked hosting support also, they can't fix the issue, advising to ask the script support.

Leo2

Quote from: Kindred on September 08, 2022, 08:20:11 AMIs there a tmp and/or a temp directory in your packages folder?
I also uploaded mod files to the /Packages, but I can not see them in Admin section

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Leo2 on September 08, 2022, 10:30:58 AMI also uploaded mod files to the /Packages, but I can not see them in Admin section

They need to be installed first.

I noticed in your screenshot that the temp folder name is between the brackets. It should be named without it. The same goes for the backups folder as well.

Kindred

@Doug Heffernan  -- I think that's just the ftp program's way of denoting a folder rather than a file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Leo2

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on September 08, 2022, 10:44:09 AMThey need to be installed first.

I noticed in your screenshot that the temp folder name is between the brackets. It should be named without it. The same goes for the backups folder as well.
Why then the error message suggests me to manually upload the files through FTP?

Quote from: Kindred on September 08, 2022, 12:01:00 PM@Doug Heffernan  -- I think that's just the ftp program's way of denoting a folder rather than a file
Correct, Double Commander puts folder names in brackets.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: