News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Re: News Fader

Started by Julius_2000, September 27, 2022, 08:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius_2000

Hope this is the right topic to post this in:

Can anyone tell me how I can move the news fader (sy-box) out of the main_content section? I wasn't able to figure out in which php file this is defined. The BoardIndex.template.php only shows how the the news slider is structured but not in the context of the whole page and it also starts with the smf_slider class instead of the sy-box which the former is part of (at least according to the Dev tools). Is there a file for the news slider at all?

Kindred

(hint: please start your own topic for questions)

boardindex.template.php gets combined with index.template.php to build the display...   so, what you are asking is moderately complicated.

where did you want to move the newsfader to?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julius_2000

Quote from: Kindred on September 27, 2022, 09:31:51 AM(hint: please start your own topic for questions)
Yeah, I was told to search the forum first, so whenever I find a topic that is somehow related to my subject, I use those so to not clutter the forum with redundant threads. Sorry.

Quote from: Kindred on September 27, 2022, 09:31:51 AMboardindex.template.php gets combined with index.template.php to build the display...  so, what you are asking is moderately complicated.

where did you want to move the newsfader to?

The issue I'm having is that, on the boardindex, the linktree (navigate section) gets attached to the newsfader when enabled because I put the linktree inside the main_content in order show up directly above the main content in each topic/message.
So, I'd like to either move it before "main_content" or "content_section".

It would be also great if I could edit the sy-box itself as well so that I can insert an individual header directly there. The way I currently do it is putting a div right before smf_slider, because I was unable to locate the file for sy-box.

// Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)
   if (!empty($settings['show_newsfader']) && !empty($context['news_lines']))
   {
      echo '
      <div id="news" class="news_fade">We have news!</div>
      <ul id="smf_slider" class="roundframe_slider">';

[ .........]

I could put another linktree inside the boardindex.template and block the display for the fader via css but I thought there might be a more efficient way.

Kindred

I don't think sy_block is a part of the default theme....  are you using the default theme?

Please provide a link to your site so that we can take a look at your existing markup?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julius_2000

Hi Kindred, thanks for your reply. Well, I do use another theme. However, when I switch back to the SMF default theme, there's also a sy-box. It was there before I started modding our customized theme.

You cannot view this attachment.

Here's the link.
https://test.thechembase.com/index.php

Advertisement: