News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Login issue after upgrading to 2.1.2

Started by Tushka154, October 02, 2022, 03:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tushka154

Hi All,

I've looked all over the forum however wasn't able to figure out the solution for my issue.
Recently I've upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 through Softaculous, however since the upgrade I'm not able to log in but getting this error message: "You can't log in, check your cookie settings."

Regardless of what kind of browser I'm trying from, or if cache/cookies have been deleted.
Looking at the console, I'm getting an error 403 for this action: /forum.virtualairlines.hu/index.php?action=login2;sa=check;member=1928

Also the interesting thing to mention is that even though the forum language is set to Hungarian, the error message is shown in hebrew ???

Any ideas about how do I go about this?

Thanks,
Daniel

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Okay, firstly - I would never ever use a 3rd party script to upgrade. There are so many things that can go wrong with that.

Second, this doesn't seem like an SMF issue as such - A 403 is the server saying "No, can't allow this.".
You can try checking your server's error logs for further clues on why exactly.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Tushka154

No related errors logged on the server side other than the 403 I'm getting in the element inspector of the browser.

I've now tried to manually reinstall 2.1.2 however I've ran into a different kind of issue: the upgrade process halts at converting the "members_backup" table to UTF-8...

Tushka154

OK, never mind - a clean install and a database backup has solved the issue.

Advertisement: