How do I remove this?

Started by Rgvill, October 05, 2022, 07:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rgvill

Is there anyway to disable this? ThanksYou cannot view this attachment.

Diego Andrés

Comment/remove this line in MessageIndex.template.php
template_topic_legend();

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Rgvill

Thank you. How about this part?

Diego Andrés

Probably this

echo '<div id="display_head" class="information">
<h2 class="display_title">', $context['name'], '</h2>';

if (isset($context['description']) && $context['description'] != '')
echo '
<p>', $context['description'], '</p>';

if (!empty($context['moderators']))
echo '
<p>', count($context['moderators']) === 1 ? $txt['moderator'] : $txt['moderators'], ': ', implode(', ', $context['link_moderators']), '.</p>';

if (!empty($settings['display_who_viewing']))
{
echo '
<p>';

// Show just numbers...?
if ($settings['display_who_viewing'] == 1)
echo count($context['view_members']), ' ', count($context['view_members']) == 1 ? $txt['who_member'] : $txt['members'];
// Or show the actual people viewing the topic?
else
echo empty($context['view_members_list']) ? '0 ' . $txt['members'] : implode(', ', $context['view_members_list']) . ((empty($context['view_num_hidden']) || $context['can_moderate_forum']) ? '' : ' (+ ' . $context['view_num_hidden'] . ' ' . $txt['hidden'] . ')');

// Now show how many guests are here too.
echo $txt['who_and'], $context['view_num_guests'], ' ', $context['view_num_guests'] == 1 ? $txt['guest'] : $txt['guests'], $txt['who_viewing_board'], '
</p>';
}

echo '
</div>';

Rgvill

Thank you so much Diego! You are so helpful! But how do I remove it from the post page as well? Do I have to remove the same code from which file?

Steve

Quote from: Diego Andrés on October 05, 2022, 08:07:35 PMComment/remove this line in MessageIndex.template.php
template_topic_legend();
@Rgvill - Keep in mind that this also removes the 'Jump To' dropdown on any theme that has it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Rgvill

Quote from: Steve on October 06, 2022, 04:54:39 AM
Quote from: Diego Andrés on October 05, 2022, 08:07:35 PMComment/remove this line in MessageIndex.template.php
template_topic_legend();
@Rgvill - Keep in mind that this also removes the 'Jump To' dropdown on any theme that has it.

Hi, please tell me how do I remove it from the post page too.

Diego Andrés

Display.template.php

Search for display_head, and do a similar process.
Make sure you get the whole div, no less, no more.

Rgvill

Quote from: Diego Andrés on October 06, 2022, 12:19:26 PMDisplay.template.php

Search for display_head, and do a similar process.
Make sure you get the whole div, no less, no more.

Got it! Thank you so much!!😃

Steve

Kindred

Just out of curiosity, why are you removing the board title and the post title from those pages?   How is someone supposed to know what they are viewing without the titles?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rgvill

Quote from: Kindred on October 06, 2022, 04:05:59 PMJust out of curiosity, why are you removing the board title and the post title from those pages?   How is someone supposed to know what they are viewing without the titles?

They can still see it from here

Kindred

Well, it's your site, but I think it's a mistake
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Advertisement: