News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom board icon image in Modify Boards

Started by Julius_2000, October 06, 2022, 01:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius_2000

I am aware that this has been broadly discussed here but the topic is closed so I needed to open a new one.

I would really appreciate an option that allows you to assign images (including svg formats) and their intial size to boards (.board_icon a) in the Modify Boards section akin to the OP's picture in the above link:

I believe it would make a lot of sense for lots of genre related forums, like tech, movie etc. forums, where images could help distinguish boards from each other more easily.

The suggested mod in the original topic was only addressing the Font Awesome customization of the existing board icons and not the original request of using images instead. Would this be doable with a reasonable amount of effort or would that be too cumbersome to implement?

I currently have to assign pictures via CSS's content property which of course requires messing with the code each time I'm going to add a new board.

However you decide, thanks for all your great work!

Julius_2000

Hm, too bad, I had hoped this could be considered for an out-of-the-box feature rather than a mod. I hope this wasn't moved just because I mentioned the word :)

Steve

I just checked on who moved it (mainly because I was going to move it to Feature Requests) and I'm certain he had good reason to.

Which means it's not going to be considered as a standard feature of the software, at least, not for awhile yet.

So you're pretty much left with making this a mod request for now. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: