How to transfer my old database from PhPbb

Started by TheTrueMexican, October 26, 2022, 03:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTrueMexican

I need to know if someone here know how to transfer the phpbb 3.3.8 database to my new SMF 2.1 is this possible? do we have a converter for that kind of problem ? I install smf 2.1 with no problems but it's empty no data just wondering if I can bring my old database to my newly install forum, thanks in advance :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It would need a converter, as it is it doesn't "fit in" with SMF.
Honestly, I'm not sure if there's a route to do this for 3.3.8.
It might need conversion to something else first to get it right.
Our converters are at https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?converters
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: TheTrueMexican on October 26, 2022, 03:22:44 AMI need to know if someone here know how to transfer the phpbb 3.3.8 database to my new SMF 2.1 is this possible?

Yes, that is possible. Have a look at this converter:

https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?converters;id=50

Quote from: TheTrueMexican on October 26, 2022, 03:22:44 AMI install smf 2.1 with no problems but it's empty no data just wondering if I can bring my old database to my newly install forum, thanks in advance :)

The converter works with Smf 2.0.19. After the conversion you can then upgrade your forum to 2.1.2.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I have a slight suspicion that is for 3.0, not 3.3 - Are you sure it works?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 26, 2022, 08:05:50 AMI have a slight suspicion that is for 3.0, not 3.3 - Are you sure it works?

As it happens, I did a phpbb 3.3.8 conversion for an user here and the linked converter worked for me.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=566869.msg4135959#msg4135959

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Cool beans, just wanted to make sure :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Cockfigh

if you have the old phpbb database on the server. then use phpmyadmin to do an export of all the tables to your computer. if you are getting a new hosting account, then install a new copy of phpbb on your new hosting account.

kelso22

Click Maintenance.
Then click Backup.
Select whether you want to backup everything, just the structure of the forum, or just the data. You can backup in gzip or text format.
Now select the tables within your forum that you want to backup..... ...
Click Submit.
Click Save .

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No, for any serious needs - please avoid using the built in backup functionality. It is really a last resort tool, only.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: