News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Update 2.1.3 - Will it affect custom changes?

Started by Julius_2000, November 24, 2022, 07:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius_2000

Hi all,

so now I'm opening a topic in the correct place and not post in News & Updates for the new 2.1.3 :)

We're currently running version 2.1.2 and of course would like to upgrade to the latest one.
Now, since I'm a novice in all of this, my question is: Do I have to revise all the changes I made to my theme php files and files in /Sources that I edited?
For instance, I inserted a div in blockquotes in the Subs.php to be able to individually edit the header and body of quotes via CSS and stuff like that.
Another one would be: I made each unread PM notification in the top menu a link instead of just its title like I described in this topic. Would this clash with the new update?

Is there anything I have to keep in mind when updating regarding customizations in general?

Kindred

If you use the patch, there is no problem.  Install like any other mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

I would first try the upgrade patch. When you click install, that will answer your questions. If all the tests show as successful, then I see no reason not to upgrade.

As always ... backup your database and files before beginning this.

Edit: Kindred beat me to it. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Julius_2000

Advertisement: